cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Number on SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can someone explain to me how can display the PO number in the SO, clear that there is not a 3rd Party.

Thanks in advance

Alberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

Please go to VA02 t-code and enter the Order number and press enter : Once entered it will take it to the Sales Order Overview screen as shown in the below screen print:

Regards

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to header of the sales order and then Purchase order data, if this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Abhinav

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elijahu,

A company gets a demand from its customer. The demand document is created in the customer's ERP system (Non SAP system). This demand document has a number.

Based on this demand, the company creates a sales order (in SAP). And in this sales order the demand document number is given.

If a company purchases goods, sells goods; generally those two process (one in MM and the other SD) are not linked together, with field PO Number, in the sales order.

Probably that is the reason there is no link between MM and SD (purchase order, sales order)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't want to create confusions here. Sorry! If I am doing it now!

Please correct me if I am wrong. What Alberto is looking for is flow from SO to PO perhaps. If yes this is how it happens.

'

When a SO is raised based on the schedule line category configuration (Order Type) system will generate a PR and the PR then will be converted to a PO. There is no direct link between SO and PO schedule line categories. It is SO-->PR-->PO relation.

Enhancements could be done to generate POs directly.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Debadeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debadeep,

Thanks for the help. My goal was covered by you in the right manner.

Have a good Day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all!

Sorry for the lack of detail in my demand.

What I meant is whether there is a link between the SO schedule line and schedule line of the PO.

Best regards

Alberto

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No there is no link between these two schedule line categories. By the way what kind of link you need??

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elijahu,

As Moazzam highlighted, there is no link between these two. Please explain us what is the requirement, in your earlier  post you mentioned that its not a 3rd party, then why do you need PO link?

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alberto,

If there is no link 3rd party process how could there be the link with PR and PO

correct me if i am wrong.

As per my understanding user might have to create sales order by punching PO number manualy in SO if they are not using third party process. As he wants PO number in SO he

has to punch manualy in SO.

Please close the third if you have got the solution

Regards

Yogesh

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to review SAP's GTS function for this - normally big trading companies use this function where the PO and SO are displayed in one transaction.

Hope it helps.

Waza

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please ask questions in some understandable form. Your question is not clear. For differentiating third party sale and normal sale you can use item category field. For PO use overview screen PO field and for third party there is PR number in schedule line data.

Thank$

piyush_gajera
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please elaborate your requirement. Which PO you want to show in SO. What is the logic based on which system should show PO no in SO?

Regards,

PG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear alberto

Check in the status flow in the sale order . it will show PR and PO .

With Regards

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you tell me if there is no third party then they might be punching manualy in order or what..?

Thanks

yogesh