cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP server Scheduling error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few days back, I have changed SMTP server (Host and Domain) in Adaptive Job Server under destination properties.  Now 80% schedules are being successful delivered and 20% are being failed since the time I have made changes. Below is the error.

address error. [Error sending address(es) to SMTP server. Return code: [SMTP 550 - Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable.].Reason: [BO_Project].]: [CrystalEnterprise.Smtp]

Note: we are not scheduling reports to send outside of the company network (all destinations are in-house email IDs) and there is no fix pattern for failure. Report schedule which was failed yesterday, was delivered successful today. Please help me if anyone has clue about error.

Good day and Thanks

Akash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Akash

As per SAP Note 1789210 - [CrystalEnterprise.Smtp]: [Error sending address(es) to SMTP server. Return code: [SMTP 550 - Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable.]. Reason: [xxxxxx@xxxx.com]]

Cause

You need to add the Central Managament Server (CMS) IP Address in the Relay Restrictions

Resolution

Login into Exchange Server System Manager

Click on Server

Go to Protocols>SMTP

Go to Virtual Server Tab>Access> Relay Restrictions

Click Add and a dialog box with available IP addresses appears.

CMS Server IP Address to allow list and Click OK

----------------------------------------------------

As per SAP Note 1539011 - SMTP_E_MAILBOX_UNAVAILABLE_2(550)

Cause

Application server unable to relay off Exchange Server 2007.

Resolution

With the new IP address added to the Exchange server – let’s say it is 192.168.1.17, and the app server that needs to relay is 192.168.1.100, fire up Exchange shell and use the following command:

New-ReceiveConnector -Name RelayConnector -usage Custom -Bindings ’192.168.1.17:25′ -fqdn server.domain.com -RemoteIPRanges 192.168.1.100 -server MYEXCHANGESERVER -permissiongroups ExchangeServers -AuthMechanism ‘TLS, ExternalAuthoritative’

What this does:

Creates a new Receive Connector called RelayConnector

Specifies the usage type Custom

Binds the Receive Connector to port 25 on IP address 192.168.1.17

Gives it the FQDN of server.domain.com

Allows only the host with the IP address 192.168.1.100 to connect     to it (specified by the   

RemoteIPRanges parameter)

Additionally, and most importantly, it assigns the ExchangeServers permission group to it, and disables authentication. When you select ExternalAuthoritative for authentication, you’re telling Exchange that you completely trust the IP address(es) or subnets specified in the RemoteIPRanges parameter (192.168.1.100) and you have another authentication mechanism outside of Exchange, such as IPSec, to authenticate.

This also bypasses all security for messages received from that IP address. Because Exchange treats all hosts specified in RemoteIPRanges as trusted, it doesn’t apply anti-spam filters, doesn’t enforce message size limits, resolves P2 headers, and allows sending on behalf of users. Going back to Exchange Server 2003, this is somewhat similar to adding the sending host’s address to Connection Filtering‘s Global Accept list.

----------------------------------------------------

Also check for any invalid email id in list.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep..Information is very useful. i will check with exchange team and let them know about option provided by you. i will keep you posted if need further help on same

Thanks

Akash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

SMTP 550 is purely SMTP-server error. The email address to which report has been scheduled is not recognized by SMTP server/domain server.

For emails where the delivery is failing on daily basis, check if the email address exists in domain Active Directory or not.

For emails where delivery is successful on one day and failing on next day, check with Active directory admin for the reason. As for each unsuccessful delivery, Active directory server will maintain a log which will give you reason for failure. They should be able to fix it.

You can safely assume that if scheduled report delivers output on one day and fails on next day then its not BusinessObjects error, Its Active Directory server problem.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hardik for reply...even i was thinking in same way...there cant be any prob with BO server and moreover related with n/w team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any restrictions ?  First I would look into SMTP servers, It is better to involve Infrastructure team and also check for any firewall ports restrictions ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have any restriction placed on Bo server... i will check with network team

Thanks

Akash