SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L and Commitment item assignment in Derivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Kindly suggest is there any workaround in derivation rule for assignment of one single G/L account to many commitment items and Fund Centrers combinations...

Regards,

Upendar Singh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand you right, from a single G/L account you want to derive CI (and even FC?). I guess, this wouldn't be possible. You have to think of another parameter of the document which would serve you as a derivation factor. You can view all the parameters, while making a derivation rule + there are possibilities to enhance this list. But, you have to obtain a clear picture, how your budget is made: from a single parameter, you won't get any automatic derivation and the user would have to enter these fields manually.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe, if you can give the logic. For example:

Account A -> FC1/CI1 if such and such fields are x and y

Account A -> FC2/CI2 if such and such fields are u and v

Account A -> FC1/CI3 if such and such fields are x and w

so on and so forth.

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong Ji,

Thanks for your reply

Can you please explain some more details......

But system is not accepting if same G/L is assigned to different FC/CI..

Regards,

Upendar Singh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand you right, from a single G/L account you want to derive CI (and even FC?). I guess, this wouldn't be possible. You have to think of another parameter of the document which would serve you as a derivation factor. You can view all the parameters, while making a derivation rule + there are possibilities to enhance this list. But, you have to obtain a clear picture, how your budget is made: from a single parameter, you won't get any automatic derivation and the user would have to enter these fields manually.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thank you for your reply

Let me explain you my requirement with examples..

At the time of Process Order creation in PP as per bill of material we have list of process chemicals with same material type and valuation class... so at the time of Process order confirmation all process chemicals are hitting same consumption g/l account..

But our requirement is, we have separate budget value for each individual process chemical wise in legacy system.. so client asks at the time of process order confirmation it has to hit separate commitment items for each process chemical wise ... i think it is not possible as we have same material type and valuation class with single G/L for all process chemicals..

Same issue applicable for HCM payroll in month end..

Kindly suggest workaround for this requirement..

Regards,

Upendar Singh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not an expert in PP, so cannot suggest you a parameter, which may be used to distinguish between the processes. But, something has to be different, isn't it? How can you tell which chemical process is assigned to the order? Is it a type or something else? Maybe, you have some CO object, which is different in this case?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Usually during Process Order confirmation, based on the BOM of FG Material Stock will be consumed

For ex: in our case to produce a finished Product we requires the following Process Chemicals list..

1. Raw Material A (Process Chemical Sulphur )  with consumption G/L - 40001000 - RM Consumption       (p/l) based on OBYC - GBB -VBR

2. Raw Material B (Process Chemical Lime ) with same consumption G/L - 40001000 - RM Consumption

RM consumption G/L - 40001000 will be updated for the above MATERIALS during the Process Order confirmation.. at the same time Budget also get reduced in FM

Here client asks to update during RM Consumption two different commitment items with respect to Raw Material A and Raw Material B with single consumption G/L - 40001000

Kindly Suggest..

Regards,

Upendar Singh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, you have two different materials; therefore, you can base your FM logic on this parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli Sir,

Yes it is working... super sir.. this is what my client requirement..

With single G/L and different Material combinations... I can able assign different commitment items and Fund Centres... during the Process Order confirmation budget has been deducted...

I am closing this...

Regards,

Upendar Singh