cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of LOSC in picking without HU managed stocks

Former Member

Hi

We pick stocks from a non-HU managed storage type and delivered to production supply area bin in two stages. In the first step, fork lift operator picks from the High rack and places on to the Toe Train. In the next step Toe Train operator delivers at the Product supply area bin.

When we are trying to set up LOSC without Pick point for the above scenario, during the WO creation we get error "Creation of HU not possible as HUs are not allowed in storage type .....".

As per my understanding, we neede to create HU to move materials in LOSC (without Pick point) via intermediate storage type. This does not mean that we need to have HU management active for the source storage type.

For testing purpose, I have allowed HU stocks for my source storage type...then WO creation was successful...but I only got Product WT from source to destination storage type. System did not create HU WT to move the stock from source to intermediate storage type.

Does anyone has clue on my problem?

Thanks  & Best Regards

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi!

First system create Product WTs, but when you confirm pick-WT to HU, system create HU-WT to destination bin.

BR, Alex.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Alex gave the correct answer. Indeed the system changes the WT here dynamically. Means at first you have a product WT which does not consider the interim storage type. But when you confirm the WT with a pick HU, and confirm here means using RF, then the system changes the destination to the interim storage type. And after the confirmation another WT is created from the interim storage type to the original destination.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I am facing same issue.Were you able to fix your issue ?

Regards,

Khushboo