cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalReportViewer display problem on ASP.NET web site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I prepared a small web application do display crystal report documents with CrystalReportViewer (v. 13.0.6.x).

Everything works fine except the presentation of CrystalReportViewer it self. Sometimes I see a big panel on the left side of report and sometimes not.

I checked all the settings but have no idea how to solve this issue. It seems also that this problem occurs for the moment only on internet explorer.

Please check attached screenshots for more information.

Thanks in advance,

Till

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I got it. My HTML style regarding position of CrystalReportViewer control seems to affect the presentation of it in the IE. I changed my previous definition and now it seems to work.

Old code:

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0">

<tr>

<td align="center" style="width: 100%; height: 100%">

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer" runat="server"

ToolPanelView="None" HasDrilldownTabs="False" />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

New code:

<div style="width: 800px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;">

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer" runat="server" ToolPanelView="None" />

</div>

Thanks all for the help,

Till

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I implemented your suggestion and deactivated the ToolPanelView. I also deactivated GroupTree- and ParameterPanelButtons, but the result is still the same.

When I try to activate these buttons (GroupTree/Parameter) the result is terrible.

This problem appears on IE8 and IE9. Google Chrome and Firefox seems to be ok.

I think it has something to do with security settings of IE. When I open the site on the web server and use http:\\localhost\... as my url, everything is ok. When I use the IP-address of the server instead of 'localhost' I get this error.

Any idea?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set 'NETWORK SERVICE' permission on the 'C:' drive

Check the Event Viewer, see if there are any messages there.

See if Fiddler tells you anything re the HTTP requests.

See if Process Monitor gives you any clues.

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can control this via the viewer API:

Using CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.ToolPanelViewType.None off of the viewer should ensure that the panel never shows up.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces