Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product line and product family for material

former_member324349
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we had received one issue where we need to update the product line and product family for the material.

we would like to change the productline and product family of some of the below materials.

Material Material name Profit Center Profit Center name     Product Line Product Family

4122       ATORVASTATIN  FP00801                ATORVA STATIN     ATORVA ATORVASTATIN EP

please help how we can create/maintain product line and product family for a material...

regards,
nishith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you posted: we would like to change the productline and product family of some of the below materials

then you said: how we can create/maintain product line and product family for a material...

What is actually true? is it already maintained and you want to change it, or dont you even know in which fields this info should be maintained?

former_member324349
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Jurgen,

thanks for the reply

i dont have any idea of product line and product family....i have received one issue where it is already maintained and we want to change it..

regards...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you obtain the field names where it is maintained? (click F1 - then icon for technical field help)

this info makes it easier to tell you how to change it.

former_member324349
Participant
0 Kudos

i dont have much information on that...i just received one ticket where client had mentioned material number for which product family and product line need to change...i checked material master data...but i dont find any information related to product family and product line..only in the basic data view i saw product hierarchy and product allocation ..but there is no values maintained for the reported material.

regards...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you dont know the fields, then you should clarify the requirement with your client first, let him click F1 and technical field help to get this information.

You always have to make sure that you understand each other, otherwise you spend hours working on the wrong subject and may give wrong advice to your client.

for example: we have this info in stored in material classification