cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MMC Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One of our Windows server in which SAP systems (Sandbox) installed was rebooted accidentally by Windows Admin team. We see that SAP nodes are missing from MMC after reboot.

I’ve registered the services ( SAP<SID>_<NR>) again. Then system nodes are appearing on MMC screen now

But, one system node (Java system)  has appeared with all subnodes ( like database,syslog,…) but another system node (ABAP)  doesn’t contain any database, syslog subnodes.

I have registered services and dll files several times and rebooted Windows server but in vain.

I’ve already referred to below forums and notes but none of them worked fine.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3269025

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1367550

Notes Referred :

Can you please let me know if any one of you have any other suggestion/solutions .

Regards,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

AntalP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

please ensure that latest kernel patch is applied and sapstartsrv is up to date.

Also check if the same issue happens using web interface http://host:5NN13 where NN is the instance number.

Best Regards,

Antal Perger

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

1. goto the run and type services.msc

2. Try to start the services of SAP manully

SAP<SID>_<instance number>

3. If you face error , in starting the services then goto the

<directory>/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<instancenumber>/exe and

check the sapstartsrv.exe file by double clicking it.Sometime it used to get corrupted and new file might get generated.

Also paste the screen shot.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Have you managed to solve your problem? I'm facing with the same situation as you, after windows reboot a one of my instance has lost a database node and some of the other nodes (exactly the same situation as yours presented on screenshot, which you attached).

I was trying to reboot a few times windows, remove and add again this incomplete instance in sapmmc, but no luck.

Pls find attached (sapmmc.jpg). On the second attachment (sapmmc2.jpg) you can see what happens when I try to start this instance from a sapmmc or cmd level.

I'll be very grateful for any help you can provide!

Best Regards,

Tomasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomaz,

Unfortunately, nothing was worked out. Hence, we reinstalled the SAP Development system again.

Regards,

Hari

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

thank you for a quick response. I'm afraid that I'll have to do the same thing..btw. this is unbelievable that simple system reboot is able to destroy SAP instance..

Best regards,

Tomasz

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomaz,

I would suggest you to open a oss message to SAP.

BR

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Please raise OSS message to SAP and check if they can bring the services back.

I’ve raised OSS message in my case and SAP was asked to open the connection to Windows.

But, our router server has some technical issue and SAP can’t login to our server. Since I can’t wait for a longer time for router server to be fixed, I reinstalled the development system.

Attached is  initial suggestion given by SAP in my OSS message. Please check them before raising OSS. If none of them works fine as like in my case, please raise OSS message.

Regards,

Hari

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

thank you for your help and sharing with SAP suggestions regarding this issue, but unfortunately they don't work in my case. I was trying to run this SAP instance from http://localhost:50213 level, but still the same error appears. Pls find attached. It seems that I'll have to recover this system from a backup.

Best regards,

Tomasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I also had faced the same issue once after unfortunate restart of a windows SAP server. The issue was with one of our memory related instance profile parameter. After restart of that server, profile parameter got activated and it became a bottleneck while starting up the instance & DB was not showing in MMC. So, in order to start your server , please perform following tasks synchronously :-

1.  Open a command prompt and run "sappfpar check pf = <instance profile location>". Make sure you are running this command from kernel directory to execute sappfpar.

2.  If it doesn't show any error , then check if any old backed-up profile is existed in sys/profile directory , if yes then rename it with replace the original one with old one (before that take backup of original instance profile).

3. Now try to start up the system after restarting MMC. If still luck doesn't in favor of you , then update  MMC . You can get the MMC from SMP itself.

4. If now it's working fine, then it's well & good, otherwise repair your database with existed database tool (based on your used database).

5. Finally if everything becomes fail to start up your system , then restore the old database back-up and try to start the same.

Please let us know how does it go through ??

All the very best ......

Nilutpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Please check whether R3trans -d is working fine or not.

If DB is up and running fine please try to start application by sapcontrol.

sapcontrol -nr xx -function Start

Regards,

Surojit

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Go to services and registerd the services for ABAP instance .

For every instance one services present.

Please check and add the requird servcies.

BR

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I've deregistered and registered the services several times using sapstartsrv.exe. But, it didn't work out.

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Was the Sap system started after the addition of the ABAP system in MMC and all the services were cleaned ?

Every thing is gray. can you try and see it starts.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I see that below step in one of the note which you are referring to. But this didn't work

*******************************************************************************************

1. 1.a
    Menu option "Console", "Add/Remove Snap-in" - Scroll to "SAP R/3
    Manager" and highlight
    - ADD, Next and Finish
    Click tab called "Fixed"
    In field "Systems" enter the SID, i.e. DEV
    In field "Instance", enter host name followed by space followed by
    Instance number, i.e.eg:
    SAPPRDHOST 00
    Click ADD

******************************************************************************************************

Result :

After doing this, database and remaining things are appearing on MMC. But, when we start SAP by rightclick -> all task-> start then no progress is happening.. The nodes are still appearing in grey colour and there is no change in colour to yellow or grey.. Even there is no update to message server, dispatcher or other work trace files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please try the below steps.

Run sapstartsrv.exe from windows explorer (located in \usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe)

Here I entered the following:

Operation: -Install Service and register COM interface & Start Service

SID: NSP

NR: 00

Start Profile: C:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS00_<ServerName> (where <ServerName> is your computer name)

User: <ServerName>\<UserName> (where <ServerName> is your computer name, and <UserName> is your windows login name)

Password: windows login password

Startup Type: Automatic

don't forget to close the MMC before performing the below steps.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I've done this but it didn't work.

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Try

1624464 - SAP MMC shows Message Server in yellow and with status "Running but not responding"

I know that you dont have above error.

Dont know how it sounds you , but can you try to remove the SAP MMC from the windows host and try to reinstall it.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f056bfb7-94e0-2b10-978a-c4783aae3e9e

Above is the link to download MMC.

Note 1434966 - SAP MMC Snap-In does not start all instances of a system

Just wanted to check as the windows server have setting to deploy windows patched when they restart. did any patch get deployed or any anti virus got active.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to restart the services of SAP system in services.msc and checked??

Or please Try to patch MMC alone and check whether it helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal