cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Catalog Folderlist and templatelist in 12.2?

senthil_kumar44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have migrated application from 11.5 to 12.2. In 11.5, we have used

"/XMII/Illuminator?Service=TemplateService&Mode=folderlist&Content-Type=text/xml" in XML query to get the folderlist of query templates.

But while executing in 12.2, it is showing error as "Server name cannot be blank; enter server name". If we set server also, it is showing same error.

How to get workbench catalog folderlist and templatelist in 12.2 thru XML Query?

Thanks,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Check this url. https://scn.sap.com/thread/1863570

Regards

Tufale Ashai.

senthil_kumar44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the link. Now it is working fine.

Also i have an question to get the query attributes thru XML query. I want the all attributes of given query template like start date, end date, all 32 paramertes,  and values. How to get this in 12.2? In 11.5 we used

<servername>/Lighthammer/Illuminator?Service=TemplateService&templatename=<template_path>&Mode=load&...

But 12, it is not working.

How to get this in 12.2?

Thanks,

Senthil

rutika_bodas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Use the following URL:

<protocol>://<hostname>:<port>/XMII/Catalog?mode=Load&class=Template&ObjectName=<templatePath>&conte...

This will list down all the attributes in the given template, be it a query template or also for a display template in MII.

--Rutika

senthil_kumar44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the link. But this is giving parameters as attributes of single node like

<SQLQuery startdate="" enddate="" Query="" ... />

But i want it in normal XML format. And also how to get Parameters (Param.1 to 32 and xparam 1 to 32, startdate , enddate) alone in XML format?

Thanks,

Senthil

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I think you would get the template information in this format only i.e. parameters as attributes of single node. So you cannot get this information in normal XML format.

Also you would get all the parameters in one shot i.e. you cannot expect only certain parameters in the XML.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

You could use MII's Webservice to get the query parameters for any query template. This will return all the input parameters in a normal XML format.

use this in the webservice action block,

http://server:port/XMIIWS/WSBean?wsdl

Use the operation as :: GetQueryParameters

Pass in the query template name, and the result would be the input parameters for the query in normal XML format.

Note:: you cannot get only Param.1 to Param.32 , startdate, enddate for a query. You will get an entire XML . Its up to you to parse/transform the XML into the format you need.

Also, this would only return the parameter names. If you want the values too, the you would have to go by what Rutika has suggested.

Regards

Tufale Ashai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Use this URL:

XMII/Illuminator?Service=FileSystemBrowser&Mode=FileList&Folder=<projectname/foldername>&mask=Query&Content-Type=text/xml

If you don't provide the mask as Query then it would return all the files existing in the folder.

Other possible options for mask are :Query, Display, Object

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

senthil_kumar44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this URL. It is giving files if we give full path (like Test1/Test2) in folder. If we dont give folder path or remove the folder value, it is showing error as "path doesn't exist". And also if folder has both subfolders and files, it is not giving subfolders and giving only files.

For example, if folder is like

Test1

- Test2

-  File1

-File2

if we give Test1, then result should be Test2 and file1, File2 as in folder structure and also if no folder path, we need all files and folders. But now it is giving as File2 only.

How to get filelist like this? also Can we change the mode to other like folderlist and how to get all files as folder structure and also get all files without giving folder name?

Thanks,

Senthil