SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial payment restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey gurus,

Is it possible to set a temporal partial payment restriction over FICA documents?

Jing.

5 REPLIES 5

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jing:

What is your business scenario use case?

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

For example, when you release for external collection, is it possible to restrict partial clearings if the debt is under external collection? but if the items are re-call then enable partial clearing again?

Thanks,

Jing

0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

You can try applying payment lock or clearing lock on document when sending it to Collection Agency. You can use event 1799 for mass activity '0098' to identify docs being sent to external agency to apply locks.

Similarly, you can use event 5065 to remove payment/clearing locks from documents when it is recalled.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

How could I restrict partial payments only, but still allow full payments?

Best regards,

Jing.

0 Kudos

Jing:

The best approach I can think of is to enhance your clearing rules using new characteristic which checks the collection status. The rule would only clear full amounts when the documents have that status.  I dont think this will be easy - and the impacts to your other current clearing rules could be significant.  Otherwise, you could place a clearing lock on these accounts and then manually post the payments when they come in.

regards,

bill.