cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen navigation in generated javascript API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

When we are developing the HWC applications with out Hybrid App Designer. How we can handle the screen navigation and Credential request. for screen navigation do we need to use Jquery load method to load another html file.

Dinesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jitendra,

Thanks for your reply and i am trying to implement the Credential request apporach also if you have done that already give me some information on that.

regards

Dinesh.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

can you put some light when you refer credential request approach?

is this something user has been assigned in LDAP? or something else

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

In the scenario if we are not hard coding the credentials of EIS system during design time. In the beginning of server initiated workflow, it will ask for a credential rite. I am trying to implement that part.

Regards

Dinesh.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

i haven't come across any credential scenario as per as server initiated workflow is concerned.

i have implemented credential request using Hybrid APP API when i have to authenticate SUP username and password from device..

Maybe, you can elaborate your requirement.. it would be great for others to understand it

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jitendra,

Suppose if we didn't hardcoded the backend credentials during design time. Then how we will handle that situation. the scenario is like

1. I have used sampleDB to create MBOs.

2 .while creating MBOs i didn't mention the username and password.

3. I am trying to sync with my backend from frontend.

4.How i am going to handle that situation here.

Consider this as Client intiated workflow.

Regards

Dinesh

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll give the simplified explanation. If the server tries to execute the request, it will first check to see if it has received credentials from the client. If it has not, then it will check to see if it was supplied with hard-coded credentials. If it was not, then it will check to see if it has a credential screen it can use to gather credentials from the client, necessitating a round-trip to the client, obviously. If all that fails, then it will report an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

Thanks for your reply. Since i am developing the workflow without using Hybrid App Designer i am ran into lot of issues in the navigation flow and credential part. if we are using the Desiger we will use the screen name as the screen key and based on our flow we will make a navigation part. Bu in this approach i dont know which is the proper way to do the navigation whether do i need to load a HTML files using AJAX mechanism or any other standard way is there in container APIs to provide the navigation.

In the credential part also i am facing issues because of screen name and key problem. I dont know how to create the screen key to mention which is the credential screen if container is failing for credential check.Please help me in understanding these functionalities.

Regards

Dinesh.

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

In the XML for the platform/look-and-feel, you specify which HTML file the container will load when the app opens. It will also pass in URL parameters specifying a variety of load argument values.

In the manifest.xml, you specify the name of the credential screen. If the container determines that it needs to show the credential screen, it will open the aforementioned HTML file with the appropriate load argument value so that you know you need to display the credentials screen.

I can't give you much advice on how to do navigation, that's entirely up to you, and depends on which mobile web app framework, if any, you are using.

The container APIs do not deal with navigation. There are designer APIs that provide a framework for navigation, but it is at least partially dependent on jQuery Mobile.

Answers (0)