cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The tax number for tax number category NL0 is already maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GTS gurus,

In GTS business partner transfer monitoring (/SAPSLL/PARTNER_APPL) we get the above mentioned error message.

I already checked table TFKTAXNUMTYPE in feeder system as well as in GTS but it looks fine to me (no difference in settings).

Did anyone ever come across this error message and knows what to do?

I guess there is no general customizing issue but a master data issue with the business partner...I was not able to figure out yet which is the cause of this error message.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

From what I can see in GTS, that error is thrown up if the system tries to write a Tax Indicator entry (in table /SAPSLL/PRTAX) but finds a duplicate already in the table, for the same partner.

I know from experience that the implementation of that area is not particularly good, so I wonder if your partner (presumably customer?) has more than one entry for country NL in table KNVI?  If that is the case, then there is probably nothing wrong with your data, but a limitation in the GTS coding.

Please check, and let us know.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

To be frank, i have not seen this error message before.

But on reading the error message it seems. System indicates that this tax number is already assigned to some other business partner. Can you check if this has something to do with the configuration below.

Cross Application Components->SAP Business partner->Business partner->Basic settings->Tax Numbers->Maintain Tax Number categories.

Here you will find a setting for "Tax Number Duplicate Check". Can you check if this is "Off"

F1 help below for your reference:

Tax Number Duplicate Check

Activates the tax number duplicate check.

When a clerk enters a tax number in a business partner, the system automatically checks that the tax number has not already been entered in another business partner.

Please check once if this has something to do with it. And let us know how it goes.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

thanks for your reply.

I checked in our SPRO but this specific setting is not even activated.

The duplicate check is "off".

Any other ideas what might be the root cause for those messages?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Could you please check what FM is assigned to NL0 tax category in TFKTAXNUMTYPE / view V_TFKTAXNUMTYPE.

As per SAP note#:775919

The function module for those tax number types ends with '0' (eg. DE0, AT0) is

VAT_REGISTRATION_NUMBER_CHECK.

For the others, assign the function module

BUPA_TAX_NUMBER_CHECK.

For tax number types AR1A, AR1B and AR1C assign '80',

'86' and '87' correspondingly to the field STCDT in the view.

And in your case, the Business partners are already available in GTS right. You are facing this message when there are any updates or changes sent from R/3 to GTS for an existing Business partner?

Can you please open the corresponding Business partner for which you are getting such messages.

I'll keep trying. Will let you know if i get some inputs.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated!

The FM for NL0 in this case is VAT_REGISTRATION_NUMBER_CHECK.

This should not be the problem.

Your assumption is correct. BP is already available in GTS and this error message pops up when any update is done on the BP.

What do you mean by "open the corresponding Business partner"?

Are you looking for any specific settings on the business partner in particular?

I guess a random screenshot from transaction BP won't help here. Let me know if I can provide any information on the current settings in R/3 and/or GTS which might bring us closer to a solution.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone still have ideas?

I do still face this issue and was not able to figure out what might fix it or if this error message should even be taken seriously.

Maybe it's one of those 'don't bother about it' messages because I couldn't figure out any impact on the business processes. I just want to get rid of those error messages proactively before it might cause any trouble.