cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid invoice split due to different partner function on header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts,

I have a very common issue, but I can't find a solution in any previous post. I have created a z partner function (ZT) and i want to avoid an invoice split due to this different partner data. I had tried to add extra code on the data transfer 7 (Inv.Split (Rec/Div)) in copying control from delivery to billing, but no luck...

VBRK-ZUKRI = ZUK.

Extra code:

IF

vbpa-parvw = 'ZT'.

CLEAR vbpa-parvw.     

ENDIF.

Is command CLEAR only relevant for VBRK in data transfer 7? Can anyone suggest a relevant code for this matter?

Please any help would be welcome!!

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SAP Standard, all the fields in Invoice Header can cause a split if different data is encountered in any one particular field.

Do you really need this Z-Partner function in Invoice? If the requirement of thie Z-Partner Function is in Z-Reports then you can easily pull the same from preceeding doucments (referring VBFA Table). If this Z-Partner function is to be printed on Invoice output, we can still pull the same from preceeding documents.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you all for your reply. Basically this partner function is the "Final customer", so it must be shown in the header level of an invoice, if final customer exists in a sales order. So i can't remove it from partner determination, so i have to find a way to show this final customer in the header of the invoice..

Any ideas?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

I think that the ideal scenario would be not to pull it from VBFA, but to have this z-partner in the invoice. So probably it must be done something on copy control.

Best regards

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not think this will be possible to do this even with Z-developments. Still let others throw some ideas.

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This requirement just doesn't seem to make much sense. Say you have 2 orders/deliveries, each has a different "final customer" and each has 2 line items. So somehow, say, you got them to combine and got an invoice with 4 lines. But 2 of these lines really belong to one "final customer" and 2 others - to the other. If even, say, you somehow have two partners with the same function in the invoice header, how will you be able to tell whose lines are whose? I'm just trying to grasp what you could intelligently do with this kind of information.

For reporting purposes it's obviously not going to work because you can't match the lines with the header level partners (all 4 lines would be counted against both customers). For printing - what would you print, two different customers? Again - what's the point? (Also there hypothetically could be unlimited number of such partners, which would make the form quite difficult to maintain.) For issuing output (or anything else pretty much) - again the same issue as with reporting.

How did you envision this would work? We use an 'ultimate customer' partner, but we do not combine invoices with different partners. If you must combine them then you'd have to maintain this partner at line item level, as I've already mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jelena,

in this project the business scenario requires that the Customer may have one or more Z partner (final customer) in its Master data. In any case the invoice must always be reference to the initial customer. So for example:

Customer A has two final customers B,C

and we have three sales orders for customer A: 1st order (with no final customer)

2nd order (with B final customer)

3rd order (with C final customer)

So,if all criteria met, we want to combine 3 deliveries in 1 invoice for Customer A, because we don't want to invoice the final customer, but only use z partner for changing some parameters (incoterms, payment etc).

Best regards

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Avoid the partner Z* in invoice because it triggers the split (please, see the next notes)

SAP Note 11162 - Invoice split criteria in billing document

SAP Note 380507 - SD partner determination: FAQ for the functions

Maybe the solution is populate this information in a customer table, but you need a userexit where the value of VBELN is set (so, try with the enhancements during the interface to FI, see Note 301077 - User exits for the interface to accounting).

Well, it's a suggestion.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena has given you the solution.  I have done the same for determing salesperson based on customer & external material group.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eleftherios

Please remove copy control.

Regards

Mohit Midha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

If you dont want this partner in the invoice, instead of writing codes, simply remove it from the Partner Determination Procedure.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this partner doesn't need to be on the invoice then just do not copy it. Or make it an item-level partner. Otherwise how would you expect this to work with different partners at header level?