cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 4.6B installation on Solaries 10 , Oracle 9207 with 4.6D kernal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done the straight installation on SAP 4.7C, 9207 Database-- which was good.

now I have been requested to install 4.6B R3 with 4.6D SR1 kernal on 9207 Oracle DBA ( solaris 10) 64 Bit.

I am bit confused about these CD's ( we have 4.6C SR2 and 4.6D SR1 Extension CD's , btw what are these extension CD's? ) and Compatibility issues. have any one done this previously? if I select 4.6B Release ( Only 32 Bit is there), can I install 4.6B with 4.7D tools?

Pl advice and any help will be highly appreiated.

Reg,

Kemp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nope you can't! you have to use the 46 tools (differences are quite big!)....by the way: 46b ist not supported any more...support ended 31st december 2006

-> 46B R3...what's that?

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for reply. what do you mean by 46 tools?

I want to install 46b with 46d kernal on Solaries 10 ( 9207 Database). One option is install 46B and upgrade to 46D kernal, however I have Loats and Lots of CDs( Extension CD's), Can I install directly?

46b SAP R/3

reg,

kemp

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to use the 46b tools to install the system, ie. r3setup and the appropriate *.r3s template(s)...plz have a look at sapnet as the kernel cd needs to be patched with appropriate executables and r3s templates in order to use the 46d_ext kernel for the installation (see notes 179.139 and 557.255)...cds you'll need include kernel, rdbms (incl. patch) and export cds...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks AZ, I am in the process off looking the SPA notes.