cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI3.0 - Quality of service EOIO file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a number of IDOCS that are sent from a WAS6.40 system using a qRFC queue. These IDOCS are then sent to a number of receivers and inbound interfaces.

A large number of the receivers are file adapters for which I would like to be able to disable the EOIO handling.

Is there anyway to amend the quality of service?

Regards

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked and this system is setting this field correctly according to the documentation.

I need to re-iterate that the integration server seems to be processing these messages as EO but the file adapter is still using EOIO.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian passfield,

you use parallel processing of urinbound messages so that once it does not follow EOIO .

you need set the settingSXMB_ADM : Category :Runtime ParaMeter: Inbound_pralllel(use f4 to slect this) value : 5

regards

sreeram.g.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see the Exactly once in order via the runtime workbench, I also simulated an error and could see my messages were going into 'Holding' status.

This is affecting the scenario because if I have an error with one message then all messages end up in a 'Holding' status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

I was trying to check your scenario and ran into something that has really confused me...

The table on Xi which holds the interface determination s entries is SMPPREL3, now if you check the field QUALITY, its description says ...

<i><b>Processing Sequence ('X' = EO, SPACE = EOIO)</b></i>

and this field should correspond to 'maintain order at runtime' property of interface determination...

usually with ABAP "X" means selected and space means 'not selected'....

now can you see in this table for your particular entry and the value in this field....if it is space or 'X'....

May be this is just a "typo" by whoever created the table

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where are you seeing that the QoS for this is EOIO, are you seeing it in the message display tool of the RWB ?

One more question (maybe irrelevant)..how is this impacting your scenario?

please open an OSS message on this, if you have not done it already.

Thanks,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked both of these.

My requirement is to force the file adapter to ignore the exactly once in order processing and use exactly once instead.

many thanks

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see /people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

Also /people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I do not have an acknowledgement level sent in the send step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good question, the reason for this is one of the interfaces does require exactly once in order handling (we are passing these IDOCS to a BPM). It is only where the IDOCS is passed to a file adapter that I do not want EOIO handling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By any chance, in the send step in your BPM have you given a queue name ?

Also, what is the acknowledgement level in the send step ?

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried this but the file adapter still treats it as EOIO. This surprised me as the integration server was processing it as if it was EO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me ask you a doubt..rather than try to see the issue in your scenario...

If you donot want EOIO and want only EO for the whole process, why are you sending the IDocs using qRFC ? Can't you send it using tRFC ?

Or am i missing something ?

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In the interface determination you can switch off/deselect the 'Maintain order at Runtime' option and this would make your QoS to EO instead of EOIO..

Thanks,

Renjith

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your Interface Determination, have you selected the option, <b>Maintain Interafce Order at Runtime</b>? If yes, deslect this option and the EOIO setting will get turned off.

Regards

Bhavesh