cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileNotFoundException in Installation Server 9.0.36.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am setting up an 7.30 installation server. After installing and patching to 9.0.36.0 i am getting FileNotFoundException while klicking at one of three links visible in Help --> About . The error comes, no matter which link i klick at

can someone else reproduce this error?

kind regards

Alexander

************** Ausnahmetext **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80070002)

bei NwSapAdminEngineLib.EngineClass.StartAsInteractiveUser(String commandLine)

bei NwSapSetupAdmin.HelpAbout.linkCorrectionNote_LinkClicked(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Sorry, I can't reproduce your issue.

In the nwsapsetupadmin tool, can you click 'Check Server' and advise if any errors are present?

It's advisable to download compilation 2DVD  and test again.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Jude,

after restarting the server the error is still there. Server check shows no errors. I am using comp.2 installation files which I downloaded just yesterday.

Alexander

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It could be a corrupted download installation.

These are the links you are referring to, correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, these are the links i am speaking about. i will try to download and install the comp2 dvd again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the installation files again and created a new installation server. it did not help, I am still getting the error message. Patching from 9.0.32 to 9.0.36 does not help either.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

Is this on the same machine and network?

Could there be a firewall blocking the access?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

on the same server are shared folder with installation servers for 7.10 and 7.20. In both cases the hyperlinks in Help --> About are working.

it seems to be a problem of an Windows 2003 Server. I testet the installation Files on Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 server, both installations worked without errors. On 2003 Server I found so far three ways to throw a exception:

1) Help --> Sap Setup Help (or just pressing F1) causes an System.BadImageFormatException

2) Help --> About --> left click on an hyperlink causes an System.IO.FileNotFoundException

3) the same as 2) occurs on right clicking the hyperlink

doy you know a way to contact someone who is responsible for the development of NwSapSetupAdmin? Some time ago it was Siddhartha Rao, but he hasn´t wrote anything about NwSapSetup for a year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

here are some news regarding this problem:

I have set up the installation server on a fresh installed windows 2008 server. After installing the operating system and bevore I started internet explorer the first time i got the same error messages while clicking the hyperlinks. I got also the error message after pressing F1, at this time there was no application linked to the file extention .pdf. After this i started Internet explorer and installed Acrobat Reader. I also installed the new patch 9.0.37. Now the error messages are gone, all works as it should.

I still have a question to whom i could send some suggestions for improvement of the installation server. Anyone an idea?