Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check for cash sale customers in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have got a scenario, it goes like this:

Customer A is a cash sales customer. Customer A places an order for a value of 1000 Rs. Customer makes the payment first and then a sales order is created.

End users collect the cash from the customer, create the sale order and deliver the goods. It also happens that the user creates the sales document and does the delivery  even without receiving the payment.

Requirement: System should block the user in creating the sales order without receiving the payment.

I don't think it can be done with the credit management, because in the credit management we have to pre define the credit limit in advance, whereas in this case the customer should be allowed a sales order only after settling the payment first.

I was wondering, if we maintain a z table, maintain the receipt of the payment for the customer in the z transaction code and then cross checking whether the payment has been settled, before the sales order is saved.

Has anyone gone through any similar scenario !!

Thanks in advance,

Jake

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jake,

Your requirement can be achieved by following steps:

1.  I assume customers are the regular customers.  (Not one time customer).

2. Make an advance receipt from the customer.  (Down payment)   F-22

3. In Sales order user exit, check for the customer credit balance

4. If the credit balance is > the sales order amount,  allow the order to be saved. 

5. Later F-29 to clear the down payment.

Kindly update if this steps suits your requirement.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Yes, you are right, they are regular customers, but maintained as one time customers, for which no credit check is being done.

I think I will go with the solution which you have given. I will discuss it with the client and will let you know.

Any clue on the user exits other than the save_document_prepare ! Any user exits to check the down payment on entering the customer number itself in the sales order, which means a check before the sales document is saved.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Jake

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jake,

Yes, there is a user exit before Saving the Sales order where you can verify the customer details..  However as you said, I need to have a unique customer Id for each customer

Regards,

Venkat  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Venkat !

I am going with the solution you have given.

1) Create a down payment for the customer

2) While saving the sales document check whether the value in the sales order matches with the down payment amount in the save document prepare user exit.

Kind regards,

Jake

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your requirement is not possible in standard SAP try with user exit.

Requirement: System should block the user in creating the sales order without receiving the payment.

how customer will know the how much amount should pay against non existed sales order?

I think you go like this

-Create a sales order

-Take down payment(F-29) against sales order

in that mention net amount sales order number and item 

-while creation of  delivery

check logic: if down payment value is greater than or equal to the against the net sales order value

then allow to do PGI other wise block it

use  program MV50AFZ1 - USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

if the desired value is not available then it will automatically block PGI with above logic

-again go to F-29 post the sufficient amount against the sales order.

-then do the PGI and Invoice.

if the above process is fine please go ahead,

if you need further assistance please revert

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

What you have said is spot on. Thank you very much.

But my clients requirement is to block the cash sales during the sales order, which means the system shouldn't allow the user to save the document if the payment/ down payment is not received.

For your question, about the cost to be paid by the customer, end user calculates the price maintained for the product and informs the customer.

Another turn around for this could be this way:

1) Create a quotation. Request the customer to make the payment for the value in the quotation.

2) Create a sales order. Sales order should check in the table KCN1 for the customer whether there are any credit for the customer in the user exit_ save_document_prepare in sales order. If the total value in the sales order matches with the value in the customer credit value, then save the document.

Is there any other alternative you can think about, please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Jake