Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistency MM and QM after 102 booking

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've a question regarding differences in QM and MM. We generate an inspection lot with type 04 using early lot creation (at release of process order). This means that the inspection lot quantity is copied from the order quantity. We receive the goods in unrestricted stock.

Goods are received in small parts (pallets). So every time a pallet comes from production, a fixed quantity is posted. We now see that corrections with movement 102 are not taken into account in the inspection lot to be posted quantity.

What we than get is in MMBE 4000 KG and in QA11 4200 to be posted. I run the report for the inconsistency between IM and QM (ZQEVAC20), but it shows no results. I also tried to correct the inspection lot quantity, but this changes both IM and QM.

Does anybody has any experience with this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the timing of doing the 102 and the UD?

Has the UD been done on the lot?

Are you posting to QI or directly to unrestricted?  (The lot will still require posting)

Do you allow negative inventory?

If you have used a 101 to receive the inventory and it has gone to QI, you want to use MBST to cancel the receipt, not a 102.  The MBST should keep the QI stock and the MM stock in sync.  Once you make the UD and complete the stock posting, the MBST should no longer work. 

FF

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

We do the goods receipt in unrestricted stock, but I already found the answer in two notes 485141 and 306763.

Solution
If the indicator for posting to inspection stock has not been set, for the inspection lot creation, the stock is directly posted in the unrestricted-use stock. Nevertheless, the inspection lot is stock-relevant (status BERF (SPRQ)).
In the usage decision, the stock view is displayed and you can carry out postings.
The entire quantity to be posted of the inspection lot must be assigned to one or to several stock types in the stock view of the usage decision. As a result, the inspection lot receives status 'BEND' (stock posting completed (SPCO)).
All postings in the usage decision in accordance with 'Unrestricted use' relieve the inspection lot stock by the stock posted, however, they do not lead to a material movement since originally the inspection lot stock had already been or still is in 'Unrestricted use'.
That is, the system does not display an error message even if the quantity that has been posted for 'Unrestricted use' in the usage decision is currently not available anymore in the unrestricted-use stock.
With all other postings, for example, for the blocked stock, however, the quantity to be posted must currently be available in stock 'Unrestricted use' since a material posting is always carried out in these cases.
If this is not the case, the system will display error message M7021.
The used movement types are stored in Customizing.
For these goods movements (and relieving in accordance with 'Unrestricted use'), you can store stock proposals in the usage decision code or you can carry out automatic stock postings.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's kinda of what I was thinking.  That's why I was asking you the questions regarding the timing of events, and whether or not this stock was going right to unrestricted instead of QI.

Glad you got it resolved!

FF