cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is 0CURRENCY used for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

I just have a gap in knowledge...can you help me fill it????

I know (or at least beleive I know, correct me if I am wrong!!!):

If our Company is in EUR, we have customers who are in GBP and we report to Head Office in USD

0DOC_CURRCY is the Document Currency i.e. the currency the Document was created in (in this case GBP)

0LOC_CURRCY is Local Currency i.e. the currency your Company is defined in (so is the Company Code Currency) (in this case EUR)

0STAT_CURR is the Statistical Currency i.e. the currency we convert to for Financials Consolidated report to Head office (in this case USD)

So, what is 0CURRENCY used for?

Cheers

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

In BI Side only two types of currencies are available.

Fixed Currency: You need to give currency type at the time of Info object creation time.

0CURRENCY: You need not to give any currency at the time of info object creation time, the info object bears all types of currencies at the loading time also.

Thanks,

Purushotham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Have a look at this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5a/8c5842fc6d5849b7fae266961ed707/content.htm

If we have fixed curency then we can directly enter in the info-object level, if we have multiple/variable

currency then 0currency should be attached which will help us in currency conversion.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkatesh, that makes sense. So I would not use 0CURRENCY as Currency Type for value InfoObjects in my model, but I would use it as a Master Data Attribute of something like 0COUNTRY to use in currency conversions. Many Thanks

Simon

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

You mentioned currencyies are ecc side only. at bw side we have two options one is 0CURRECNY and another one is Fixed currencey.

0CURRECNY - when we load data from ecc, its holds the values(GBP,USD, INR, euro) which are pas/stored at ecc side.

Fixed curency - its holds only once currency which we defined at info definition time.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

0CURRENCY is used to for all types of currency.

Thanks,

Purushotham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So as I understand it, in our multi-currency environment where our company uses GBP, some of our customer are sold to in EUR, but we must report to head office in Yen:

0LOC_CURRENCY (i.e. Local Currency or Company Code Currency) would be GBP

0DOC_CURRENCY (i.e. Transaction Currency) would be EUR

0STAT_CURR (i.e. Statistical, Group/Consolidated Currency) would be Yen

As I understand it 0CURRENCY would be the reference currency field for each of 0LOC_CURRENCY, 0DOC_CURRENCY and 0STAT_CURR, but would NOT be used as the Currency Unit of any of our InfoObjects in BW. Is this as others would expect?

Our issue is that there ARE InfoObjects defined as having Currency Unit as 0CURRENCY (which I think is wrong) and I need to look to change this (eek!!!!!!). The probIem have found is that in our system the 0CURRENCY unit is therefore being used sometimes to mean different business currency types!!! This is going to take a lot of tidying I think!!!!

Regards

Simon