cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on New Solution Manager 7.1 Security Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am new to SAP SolMan 7.1 Security as it is based on Web UI and CRM functionalities included.  Please anyone share the pre-requisites, approach and where we can start and undestand the basic concept for this new version and functionality.

Your inputs are really appreciated for the start of my new exploration in Solman and CRM as well.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Venkat Kankipati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000147822013E.PDF

is a good start.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is a great PDF for security within SolMan.

Something that helped me get going is while there are defined roles for the various work centers to display the work center, but also the data within the work center.

Also useful to know, within tx PFCG the menu tab is how you control a lot of the functionality of the work centers also; if you wanted to opt to handle your own roles/profiles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Miguel,

Thanks for the document shared.  But I already had this document.  Now I want to focus on BPMon WC and restrictions at authorizations level. Can you please share any more documents specifice to this area as of now.

Thanks Once again.

Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I wonder, in the guide provided by Mugel is the source, i could say its a dictionary, it has all the SAP Notes linked, it has the pages documented by the scenario speciific.

It has the BPMon scenario roles too page number 412 to 437.

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

I see you wanted to have general Knowledge about how to go about Security part from Solman prospective.

The Document Specified by Migual is the Doc which you can follow in general and know lot about Solution manager and there functionality.

But if you looking for any specific functionality, please let me know we have Various SAP Notes which mention very precise about individual Workcenter.

Thanks in advance.

Shravan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shravan,

Yes the Document telling me about solution manager on whole from security side, But as u mentioned about the SAP note specific for WC, I want to know the Pre-requisite from security side for BPMon functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan

Solman security is no different from any other like SD, MM CRM etc security

You have workcenter PFCG Business roles here to control the views/access among different team members

check below link as well

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMAUTH/Home

Again it is guided by solman functional person who knows what he has configured in the system and therefore updates you regarding correct values

for e.g

you have multiple status in Incident or SMIN transaction type but as security person you will see all the standard roles in the guide shared here this will not help you to directly restrict people because

the authorization keys for specific status are created by functional person who give you this input during implementation. Standard roles are for reference only and actually copied and modified as per configuration done during any project

for BPO specific objects

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMAUTH/Business+Process+Operations

I hope this clarifies

Regards

Prakhar

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

If its for BPMon specific, this SAP is note is Usefull as mentioned Below, Please check the Version though but this will give you an idea.

Note 784752 - BPMon in SAP Solution Manager - prerequisites

Thanks,

Shravan