Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modifying the standard theme of webdynpro application

uppu_narayan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has any modified the standard sap theme for webdynpro application, if yes can you plz explain how it has to be done.

Regards,

Narayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JerryWang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Uppu,

I have written one document Step by step to change ABAP webdynpro background color, please check whether it can help you.

Best regards,

Jerry

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

Even i have done the same process for changing background theme for web dynpro application.

My requirement is to upload background image for the theme , i achieved it by changing the css file and uploading back to the custom folder and calling folder in application parameter.

But i am facing lot of issues listed below.

1.)In the application F4 help, pop up window and dropdown are not working

2.)Even for standard applications also facing similar situation

I don't know how to resolve this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I have successfully done it for SAP Erec application but with some trouble.

What version is your system on?

Br Jan

uppu_narayan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi thomas,

i am using ecc 6.0, so can you plz explain how actually was your approach i will be very much thankful to you.

Regards,

Narayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your SAP Basis (NW) component version? System->Status->Component Information->SAP_BASIS

uppu_narayan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi jan,

its 700 as below:

SAP_BASIS7000022SAPKB70022SAP Basis Component
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uppu,

Then you are on a different version to me which means you might be able to use Eclipse theme editor. However I would recommend agains it as it is out of support as described in note 1613933.

Instead I developed new theme through SAP Portal using SAP_Streamline as starting point.

There are a few steps for this process and I will try to create a blog this week regarding it so that others can benifit. But so that you can get started I'll just give you the first couple of steps to see if you can get this far.

You need a SAP Portal installation to create the theme there with the theme editor. Do you have that and will you be displaying your WDA applications through the portal or as standalone?

1. Make sure the style sheet version of the portal is the same as or higher than the style sheet
version that the backend uses as described in SAP Note 1446099

2. Develop a new theme in SAP Portal based on standard SAP theme. The theme editor can be located as
explained in SAP Note 1633173.

Please get back to me when you get this far and I will try to guide you further.

Br Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uppu,

See also this discussion: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3319534

uppu_narayan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

never was part of my development, so parked it aside...but thanks for ur support jan thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayan,

You need to add the attribute WDTHEMEROOT in the parameters tab of the WD application.

Refer the screenshot for the same.

Regards,

Sanjeev Kotwal.

Former Member
0 Kudos