cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Change Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know of a white paper or a "Best Practices" paper which addresses setting up a Enterprise wide Change Management system including both the SAP ABAP and the NetWeaver environments (JDI). It seems in my research that both these environments are still quite separate though their functions are quite similar. For example, both Solution Manager and NetWeaver contain a System Landscape Directory (SLD). Do both these solutions contain the same functionality and, therefore, able to consolidate the SLD on Solution Manager? Or do we have to maintain two separate SLD's. Can we integrate our ABAP and NetWeaver JDI (SLD, DTR, CMS) CM needs into one system?(SLD, DTR, CBS) environment. If so, what is the best practice for setting up this environment?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raeijpe
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find more info about NetWeaver Change Managementin sap help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/63/7a4d40eae76f13e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not aware of the whitepaper part, but as for SLD there is an OSS note recommending 1 SLD and how to migrate to it -- let me know if you can't find it...