cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ugrading HANA Lifecycle Management LIBSSH2 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade the HANA Lifecycle Managment to SP06. hwne ever i run ./hdbinst i get the below error.

Installation failed

Cannot initialize custom event handler: Can't load '<Download_Folder>/instruntime/SSH2.so' for module Net::SSH2: libssh2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at DynaLoader.pm line 190.

at sdbrun/Require.pl line 62

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at HLM/Installer/OS/SSH2Connection.pm line 9.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at HLM/Installer/OS/SSH2RemoteExecutor.pm line 9.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at HLM/Installer/BaseExecutionPlanManager.pm line 32.

...propagated at base.pm line 94.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at HLM/Installer/ExecutionPlanManager.pm line 35.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at HLM/Installer/InstallationEventHandler.pm line 16."

Kindly advice on what needs to be done as this is a very critical for our current scenario.

We are currently running on SUSE ENTERPRISE LINUX SERVER 11.1

Thanks regards

Shaik Arshad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

Please chek

http://scn.sap.com/message/14164309

Also please check sap note even it is not aplicable to your issue but has same issue.

BR

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was resolved. The package was not part of the DVD.

Thanks

regards

Arshad

0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

I seem to be having the same issue as you. Could you please explain what you mean by "the package was not part of the DVD"?

I tried both the .SAR package on the DVD and also downloaded the latest support package from the SMP and I still get the SSH2 error.

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerad,

In my case i had to download the libssh2-1 package from the SUSE support website and install on the HANA appliance.

That resolved the issue and i was able to proceed with the HLM installation.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Shaik Arshad

0 Kudos

You are correct on installing the libssh2-1 package. I had to download the latest SUSE Linux Enterprise for SAP Applications DVD and installed the package from there. This resolved my issue as well!

Thank you so much for the help!

Jerad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Shaik might have a direct link to the "libssh2-1" package, but I was unable to locate one.

I just went ahead and downloaded the SUSE Enterprise for SAP Applications 11 SP2 DVD and installed it from there (free).

The link is here (you will have to login to SUSE/Novell support):

http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=7VOt4b-efjo&ref=suse

Jerad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The of the patch that can be downloaded from www.suse.com  is libssh2-1-1.2.9-4.2.2.1.x86_64.rpm

the link for download is http://download.novell.com/protected/Summary.jsp?buildid=aHQgP8lEZoc~

You will need authorizations for downloading from the above link.

Regards

Shaik Arshad

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shaid,

I found the same link but couldn't download it due to authorizations. Where as I downloaded the SUSE Enterprise for SAP Applications 11 SP2 DVD and passed through that error.

Thanks Jerad.

Regards,

Srinivas K.

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Shaik,

Can you provide the download link from SUSE support portal. I am also facing the same problem.

Thanks.