cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Page suddenly moves

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For my first assignment using LiveCycle ES2, I have to make amendments to a complex multi-page form.  If I select a field object or subform and make any changes to a Layout property (for example, width), the first Master Page moves suddenly several cm right and downwards, destroying the registration and alignment of the form.

Any ideas why it happens, and (more importantly) what to do about it - either how to stop that behaviour, or how to recover afterwards?

Thanks for any assistance,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

First thing. Do a copy as backup on the original version .

Is that a standard form? If yes can you give me the form name so that i can look at it from my side too.

One of the scenario i can think of is, size will get adjusted automatically due to "expand to fit" property on width / height.

Can you show screen shoots on, what is the original view, what changes you made (1 will do) causing the issue, and what is the mess ...

Is the issue already happened during development or after form generated/printed?

Thanks.

regards,

Xiang Li

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang Li,

The form is a copy of GTS standard /SAPSLL/PF_EU_SAD2_IM.  In "display" mode, you can already see a slight registration error (when in "Design View") between the Top and Middle sections of the form, that I would like to correct.

As an example of the problem; in "change" mode, select the field in Box 12, convert to Text Field, and change the Height to 0.569 cm.  Now press TAB, or just move the cursor to another layout parameter.  You see the whole page jump 2.6 cm to the right, and 3.8 cm downwards .

Thanks for any further assistance,

Dave

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Yeah, I have faced this issue earlier.  I could not stop moving of fields.  You could do a bit work around for this, instead of selecting field in design, select the field in Hierarchy and adjust properties accordingly.. or select the field which you wanted and delete it and create a new field with same properties. 

Thanks,

Rakesh.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Nice idea, but how do you do it?  I can select the field in the Hierarchy view, but then what?  How can I change the width (for example) from there?  If I call up the "Layout" palette, then I get to exactly the same place (and result) as before.

Thanks for any further information,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I have just tried. Obviously, it is a mess.

P1 subform of Page1 under Master Pages has X = -2.6055cm, Y = -3.7515cm, width = 58.718cm(?!) height = (33.4187cm) ..

But I tried to change Page1>P1>X12 to input text, the page size still remains the same. just could not replicate your issue.

This is what I did : Change X12 Type to Text Field, change X12 Layout > caption to none. At this point of time the width of textbox automatically adjusted to 6.238cm, I adjusted back to 3.95cm.

Change height to 0.569. Open Paragraph palettes, apply "align middle".

Not sure if it is different behavior of adobe life cycle different version , i am using 8.1.xxxxxx.

regards,

Xiang Li

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Make sure, Layout pallete is open before selecting field.   Now select the field in "Hiearchy" and do not touch the field on form in design view.. Change the required properties needed using pallets it self.  It would be bit tough, but works .  Please let me know, if you are struck in between.

--

Rakesh

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang Li,

With your help, I think we're getting nearer to the issue.  I hadn't even noticed the P1 subform until now, but when I check it, I can see the same layout settings as you describe.

What actually happens when I make the same layout change, is that the X and Y values get set to zero, so the form "jumps" right and downwards by those amounts.  Doesn't that happen for you?

I can set the Width and Height of the subform to be the same as the Main Form (roughly A4 size), but after the form has "jumped", I cannot set the X or Y values to anything except 0 cm - I can enter new values, but they are re-set back to zero immediately I move the cursor.

I suppose I then have 2 possible questions:

1. How can I re-set the X and Y values of the subform, to restore the previous object positions?

- or (and perhaps, better) -

2. Is it somehow possible to select every object on the subform, and move them up and left by the required amounts?

Thanks for any further suggestions.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Yup the form has overflowed subform(s). By right x,y offset coordinate position should not contains < 0 value. I guess LifeCycle designer will auto adjust to 'fit' them into the form layout when you adjust any of the element related to the subform; that's why you see your form layout 'jump'.

1. How can I re-set the X and Y values of the subform, to restore the previous object positions?

- or (and perhaps, better) -

As i remember the initial position value has -ve value;and I do not think it is possible for us  to enter a -ve value into x, y position.

2. Is it somehow possible to select every object on the subform, and move them up and left by the required amounts?

You can highlight multiple elements on form, and use arrows button to move them around, but the distances move by each click of the button might not able be perfectly fit onto the desirable position that you want.

I assumed what you are trying to do is to replace some label text on form using TextEdit type element.

So, to be precisely replace the same position of label, you need to note down what is the original position of x,y, width, height. and apply the with the same value to your new TextEdit element.

"What actually happens when I make the same layout change, is that the X and Y values get set to zero, so the form "jumps" right and downwards by those amounts.  Doesn't that happen for you?

I can set the Width and Height of the subform to be the same as the Main Form (roughly A4 size), but after the form has "jumped", I cannot set the X or Y values to anything except 0 cm - I can enter new values, but they are re-set back to zero immediately I move the cursor." <-

That is because the subform size is overflowed than the form size, the designer forced you to start your x y position at very minimum, which would be 0, 0.

I do have access to system to try this now. Can you please try to adjust the width and height of the subform to be fit-able into the form size? 

After that, try to adjust the x and y of the subform again. It should work.

Hope this help. Thanks.

regards,

Xiang Li

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang Li,

I adjusted the subform size to standard A4 dimensions, then moved each object back one-by-one to the correct position.  Unfortunately, since there are 341 objects on the form, that took some considerable time - but I got it fixed, and now the form is easy to manage in the usual way.

Thanks for you help with this.

Regards,

Dave

Answers (0)