cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSIRPIRL "Document has no content"

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

Using RSIRPIRL to move document between categories.  99% of documents are converting without any issues.

However, some are not and RSIRPIRL results report "Document has no content"

I've checked the originals in the source category - they complete and can be opened (display) as expected.  Some are a large as 34 MB.

I've attended to use RSIRPIRL multiple times but not difference in results.

What could be the cause of this error?  What is correction to allow migration of the content?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_kamenik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We had exactly the same problem. 99% of the docs converted except the large ones. The problem is probably in the IIS configuration. This worked for IIS 7, content server build 203.

You may also run the report (SE38) RSCMSTH2 for the new repository with the size of the "large" file = 50000, you should get 404 or timeout error for the large file test.

1) Run the IIS administration console (IIS Manger: Start - Administrative Tools - IIS Manager)

2) Select the server and click on the "Configuration Editor"

3) Find system.web - httpRuntime in the section rollout

4) Check the maxRequestLength value, it should be larger than your largest file, the size is in kB so 51200 for 50MB

5) change the value and press Apply on the right

5) Find system.webServer - security - requestFiltering in the section rollout - select requestLimits and check the maxAllowedContentLength value, the size is in bytes so 52428800 should be the value for 50MB.

6) change the value and press Apply on the right

Changes may take some time to take place and these actions can cause the content server (IIS) to be unavailable, but it recovers automatically.

Run  RSCMSTH2 again, everything should be ok now.

If not, another problem may be MaxTransferBlockSize value in ContentServer.ini (server run on Windows) as described in the Note 328209. However if you have some of the newer builds installed (check in CSADMIN) I doubt changing the this value will help.

You can also set the CS logging on. Check following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4c/c623476721e0448cb0028cf3fd5ecb/content.htm

and set corresponding parameters in the .file (parameters for the [ContentServer] section), then you should find the cs_trace.txt file where you can see additional info about your error. Note that full trace should be enabled only for a very short period of time only for diagnostic purposes. I dont know if a content server restart is neccessary for changes to take effect.

Good luck

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

Your reply is excellent and has help in solving the issue.  I have done some testing with files of various size up to 100 MB and can understand the impact based on IIS configuration as outlined.

Thank you for this assistance.

Follow-up question - we use CS with very large files up to allowed SAP limit of 2 GByte (per SAP Note 1179063 ).

1) What would be appropriate setting for IIS to insure we can operation within this max limit?

2) are you aware of any methods to overcome the 2 GByte limit?

peter_kamenik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I dont think there will be any problem for IIS to set up the configuration like that. However, I think there is no way to overcome the 2GB limit of CS. Frankly, this would be a strange request indeed. I cant imagine our users to work with such a large files within SAP environment.

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

We have cased in which we want to control software "images" such as on CD.  These files can be 4 or 5 GB.

Today we split the files, check into SAP and have a method to recombine with checksum on the output side.  Not ideal but it's working.  I know of a few other customers with some issue.

Thanks very much for your help

Richard Thomas

Answers (0)