Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost planned of equipment in projects

former_member211458
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts;

Un help pls.

I wanted to know how to associate a equipmen/machine to a Project, to compare planned cost and actual cost

In the construction company want to plan costs of equipmen/machine  for each project.

I have read that the machine should be assigned as a work center for an operation in the grafo of the project.

My question is what happens when for a operation, you use more than one machine?

What strategy to use?

Should create as many operations as machine is employed?

Could someone please give me guidance on this topic planning in equipment costs and actual project.

If you have an example or guide

thank you very much

Augusto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having the two ways to capture the Euipment cost either by implementing ETM ( Equipment Tools Management ) or get the cost captured by the existing project functionality.

I to agree with Mr.Tushar/ Gokul ,with the different ways of approach in getting the equipment cost.

But as per your business requirement , if  you require in  detailed level of tracking and defined structure flow & with the scheduling process , You can follow with activity elements with different work centres at each activity level. So that Activity Level Cost can be captured in detailed.

Or  If the requirement is only to track the cost at header level irrsepective of all the sequence of activities , you can opt for the MR. Tushars approach by defining sequence of deifferent work centres for each operation i.e: Machine 1,Machine2 etc or Lathe 1,2 ,3 etc. by changing the Work centre Category , with usage of 009 with the sequence of operations.

Regards,

vrkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should follow Gokul's solution. Thats precisely the reason, for requirements like yours, that SAP has giving the functionality of activity elements.

Tx

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Augusto,

Look into activating Equipment and Tools Management.  It's part of Best Practices for the ECO industry.

Here's a link to SAP Help:  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oee10/helpdata/en/26/f40736adb6cd0fe10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Augusto,

What do you mean by Equipment/Machine in a Project. If you ask me equipment/machine both are different. By definition, Machine is being used to produce output from the inputs for example Turning machine, drilling machine, bending machine, welding machines etc. Equipment for example Generators, Cranes etc.

Now coming to your question, what kind of costs your expecting from these. you said plan and actual costs. Are you hiring the equipment/machinery in construction plant?. In this process I could see only planned costs (hiring costs) and no actual costs. 

Please elaborate further so that we can elaborate further here.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you try to use activity elements instead of creating different activities for different machines that will be used. For e.g. there might be an activity called Excavation which in turn would have different activities like digging, drilling etc..What you can do is create a single activity called Excavation and create activity elements for Digging, drilling etc. Assign respective work centers to these activity elements. Respective work centers will have the required combination of cost center and activity type based on which rates can be maintained in KP26.

Hope you get what i am trying to say.

Thanks,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Augusto,

If you are planning to use machine as a work center for an operation in the project, then i think you can not user more than one machine per operation. This is because it will conflict when doing costing.

In work center master cost center is maintained and for combination of activity type maintained in Operation ( or Activity) and Cost center cost is planned in KP26.

You can create as many operations as many machine. And you can maintain separate machine as work center in each operation. But you need to ensure that cost maintenance is done for all those work centers and activity type which will increase your master data maintenance.

Regards

Tushar