cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter ReceiverThreads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our landscape we have 3 app servers in place and total 8 nodes are actively using all the threads in the peck hrs. Right now we have

SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/SystemRecv 20 Threads allocated for each node.

In peak hours I can see more than 35000 messages are processing in the SOAP receiver adapter's and "To be delivered" status to process the messages is taking more time to reach the target system. But in the mean time we are not seeing any failed messages. Only we have slow in the process of reaching the target web services.

20/20 Threads are utilizing in the peak hrs. According to the note 1623356. The max threads we can increase up to 350.  Please suggest me in this situation how many threads I can increase it to fit in to my environment to support this.

We are in 7.1 Ehp1 (SP 8).

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At this moment, the messages are not failing. If you have similar size messages and  high volume then you might also try message packing and see if that improves performances.  You have to analyze the peak load and accordingly increase the thread count.  Increasing the thread drastically without monitoring peak load is not even good practice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our environment we don't want to make any messages packages to do it for 60 sec or size 10 MB messages processing to reach any one of the criteria to process those messages.

You have to analyze the peak load and accordingly increase the thread count. --> In peak time we can see backlog of 35000  messages are processing. In that situation how accordingly we can increase. Give us the count of the threads to increase.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It really depends upon the sizing done in your system and hardware and memory available. If the system has been sized properly, there should be no such delays.

If it is about hitting peak volume and payload, then check with your basis team on resource consumption to tackle this.

You can try increasing the threads by chunks of 50 and see how it goes.

Ambrish