cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA for JAVA giving me heartburn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running solman 7.1 SP7 and have connected my Diagnostics agent in solman_setup to the system and have activated EWA. I am still not getting any data but the setup seems complete. Has anyone else had issues with this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Justin,

Can you confirm that you are seeing performance data (e.g. workload analysis) for your Java system in Root Cause Analysis?  That would prove that the necessary plumbing (a spiderweb consisting of the diagnostics agent, bytecode agent, and extractor framework) is working.  Usually if you get data in RCA, then you'll get data in your Java EWA, because they are supported by the same agents and extractor framework.  If your RCA is missing data then that will at least point your diagnosis in a certain direction.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

please run manage system configration using transaction SOLMAN_SETUP  and finish all steps in there

your issue  would be solved.

BR

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally got the Agents to connect. The version of LM-Service for the Diagnostics agents needed updated to match SP07. I am working with SAP to get the Managed System configured now as I run into some stumbling blocks. Hoping to get this taken care of soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this.  Transaction SM_WORKCENTER tab RCA Select link Landscape Browser.  Execute a search for your java system.  On the resulting display scroll to the right where you will find a red traffic light.  Click on it.  Now on the left there are rated setup steps.  You can concentrate on red issues.

In my case EVERY java system had issues with CCDB (Configuration and Change DataBase).  Some java systems still have issues as LMTOOLS is too old.

If CCDB is also your issue 

use SLG1 object CCDB  external id SID* shortly after running Automatic Configuration step Extractor setup. You will be able to display logs of the CCDB setup, and perhaps discover what the issue is.

In my case CCDB was locked.  Trans CCDB to display and unlock.

Ken

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I always refer to SAP Knowledge Base article 1827116 - Rating not determined (Gray) at SAP EarlyWatch Alert in such cases. It goes through various issues and provides a solution. Perhaps it will help you.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I seem to have gotten into Maintenance mode and none of the diagnostics agents will connect now. I also cant seem to logon to NWA either...I cant start over as things were ok before this Java thing hit me. I have opened a ticket with SAP but no reply after 3 days on a high priority message. Hoping they can get in a see what I am doing wrong.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wellcome to the ewa grey rated club Nelis

Following Guilherme Balbinot Help from support message, I solve some causes in grey ewa  nightmare.

(1)
Apply patch level 2 for LM-SERVICE SP08, which can be found on
http://service.sap.com/patches
A - Z Index - > Select letter S
SAP SOLUTION MANAGER
SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1
Entry by Component
Solution Manager JAVA Stack
SOLMANDIAG 710
# OS independent
LMSERVICE08P_2-20006622.SCA Patch for SOLMANDIAG 710 SP08

This will correct many issues in the diagnostics setup, please do it.

After this, you can move to step 2, as the LM-SERVICE patch will correct some issues in the solman_setup setup engine.

(2)
Execute the step Landscape Fetch in System Preparation

(3)
Finish the Basic Configuration steps that are still red, yellow or gray

(4)
Finish the setup for XXX JAVA in Managed System Configuration.

(5) Finish the setup for XXX ABAP.

Regards,

Luis

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just had an issue with this yesterday and NW 7.4 Java stacks, does SolMan show the installation # and the customer # in your LMDB and in your SMSY?

I manually added it to my LMDB and it would not sync to the SMSY which still controls EWA and license mgmt, the SID refused to show up in my report setup.

Deleting the SID from the LMDB and adding it back in resolved everything for me.  May not be your issue, but something to verify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Normally the java EWA report use the data in BI (infocube 0SMD_PE2H and 0SMD_PE2D).ifno data in the workload analysis under RCA in SMD u ll not get the EWA report.

SO pelase check the Workload Analysis under RCA, getting any data for particualr managed system in solman.

Also check the below pre-requsit steps

1. SMD patched latest version in all managed system

2. patch lastest LMservice java component in solman

3. complete basis configuration in solman_setup( Bi client setting and Automatic configuration (infocubes activation in RSA1))

4. connect and check all agent in Agent administration

5.check Workload ananlysis details in RCA(next day)

Rg,

Karthik