Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XD02 authorization for central deletion flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have come across a very strange issue with tcode XD02. The user is trying to update deletion flags for a customer but always gets the message saying

" Not authorized to update central deletion flag "  The strange part is even with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW this error does not go away. I tried to run a

ST01 trace but nothing productive was captured in that also.

Appreciate if you could provide some pointers where an S&A consultant should look for this kind of error.

Thanks & Regrads,

Akshay Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the technical message ID/code?

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akshay,

Customer might be blocked in XD05 so first you unblock the customer there

then changes should be updated in XD02.

Thanks

Yogesh

0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh,

Thank you for sharing your inputs but its strange that even that does not even with SAP_ALL.

I tried using XD05 but got the same message as before.

Message no. ZF000

Can you please suggest something else.

0 Kudos

Hello Akshay

Go to tx code SE91.Input message class n number and click on Display.

If details are there, it will be populated.

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the technical message ID/code?

0 Kudos

hi Alex,

The message code is

Message no. ZF000

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Message no. ZF000 is shown every time the user tries to make changes.

0 Kudos

Hi,

that's a custom message. So there is a custom user exit that prevents modifying this user. It seems like it does not use authorization. Otherwise you would see it in authorization trace. You should be able to find the code from transaction SE91 using Where-used functionality for that message. If you don't have any ABAP skills then you need to find a developer friend who will help you with this.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi, I agree with Martin, it appears that there is some customisation which is causing this to occur.  Occasionally some people think it's a good idea to have additional authorisations (e.g. approval limits, sensitive actions) in a lookup table or another method outside the authorisation concept.

0 Kudos

Hi Akshay

Check for any custom table is created in this custom user exit where it allows only particular user and excludes all other user as per the entry in that table which is defined in the custom user exit.I would suggest goto transaction  SE91 and check the code and click for where used and check for authority check also.

If you not sure about this then involve your developer in this code check he/she will be able to tell you what checks are performed when the t-code is executed.

Regards

Pradeep

0 Kudos

Hi,

That is not a surprise.  When an error message is prefixed with a Z then it it usually that it is a custom error message.  If it is a custom error message then it is likely that it is a result of some bespoke enhancement which is why you are not picking it up using the standard troubleshooting techniques.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

There might be Customer Exit program, which doesn't allow all the users, please check with user if anybody from their department able to do so and if yes check what addition access they have.

There might be Custom object used and it doesn't updated in SAP_ALL profile.

Thanks & Regards,

Firoz.

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Yes the tcode XD02 was customized with some user exits which prevented setting up the deletion flags.

I contacted a developer and troubleshooted the issue.

Many thanks for all your responses.

They were very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.