cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disallow the option "No Selection" (Solution field) on MOPZ start screen.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone found any option without use customer code to hide the option to select systems without solution assignment in MOPZ start screen ?

After an upgrade from 700 to 71, we have a huge number of system that are not correctly assigned to a solution because data separation process don't assign it to a correct solution, i search it on security guide but don't found.

Thanks,

Luis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The choosing of 'no solution' was disallowed prior to SP18. After SP18 this condition was removed but the interface did not allow making use of this up to SP22.

SP22 and higher, the condition still issues an information message. It has to be changed into an error message.

You have to go to SPRO, path:

SAP Solution Manager

Capabilities (Optional)

Basic Configuration

Standard Configuration

Change Request Management Framework

Consistency Checks

Assign Conditions to Status Values <<< this activity

There is a condition called SOLUTION_ASSIGNMENT for SLMO transaction type. If you change field MT (Message type) to error, then you will not be able to proceed when there is no solution assignment.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Miguel, i become a little confuse with the path as to find "Conditions status" but i found it on my solman 7.1 SP8 in:

SAP Solution Manager -> Capabilities -> Change Control Management -> Standard Configuration -> Change Request framework -> Consistency Checks -> Assign Conditions to status values.

Your proposal works, but my really need is to avoid the possibility to no select any solution when i search a system, it's there any possibility to select by default one solution ?

Thanks,

Luis

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This note:

1772278 -  MOPZ: restrict system to logon user

In the Solution Manager security guide at

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000147822013E.PDF

you may find more information about the standard roles to limit the solution visibility.

I am having trouble to view the document, it is a 66 mb PDF, can you see it right now?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again Miguel, i was near to solve that using the information on that note.

After i add user parameter "VALIDATION_MODE" with A or B as indicated on sapnote, now on initial screen MOPZ select the user's customer solution as default option.

Now the problem is that the user are able to change the solution to a "no selection" and then user can choose systems that are not assigned to any solution.

Initial screen after "VALIDATION_MODE":

User can change solution to "no selection"

I can edit solution field to "no editable"/"disable" from SE80 as a workaround, but i prefer to do this if it's possible using some auth code, do you know someone to allow that ?

Best regards,

Luis

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

To avoid what you mean, this should work:

You have to go to SPRO, path:

SAP Solution Manager

Capabilities (Optional)

Basic Configuration

Standard Configuration

Change Request Management Framework

Consistency Checks

Assign Conditions to Status Values <<< this activity

There is a condition called SOLUTION_ASSIGNMENT for SLMO transaction type. If you change field MT (Message type) to error, then you will not be able to proceed when there is no solution assignment.

The system will be possible to choose to start with, but when you press forward, an error message will be issued and the 'status reset by system' error message will appear additionally to the error message 'transaction not assigned to a solution'.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel, sorry for the delay.

Finally i follow your steps but on "conditions to status value" i set to "A" beside "Error" to avoid the user to create mopz operations for other systems.

Do you know something to do to set as default value the "solution" ?

Regards,

Luis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Related to that topic on mopz, if you use "Data separation", Maintenance Optimizer do not filter correctly the system's product version by solution assignment, to solve that SAP release a correction with sap note:

1949109 - MOpz: Product versions are not filtered according to selected solution

Regards,

Luis