Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC10.0 Derived Role Issues

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

When Generating Derived Roles on BRM the changes are not going through to the child Roles but the Parents Roles get update with the made changes, I have set Parameter ID 3024 & 3026 to Yes and yet the problem persists. Anyone with an Idea on how to resolve this please assist

Regards

George Mothupi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear George,

have you clicked the button "Propagate to Derived Roles" in phase "Maintain Authorizations"? If I do so, all changes I do in the master role go through to the derived role.

Regards,

Alessandro

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear George,

Are you selecting both the roles i.e. the parent and the child role in the generation phase. you need to make sure that both the roles  are selected and then the roles are generated.

Thanks & Regards

Japneet Sing

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear George,

have you clicked the button "Propagate to Derived Roles" in phase "Maintain Authorizations"? If I do so, all changes I do in the master role go through to the derived role.

Regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Clicking the Propagate to Derived Roles button filters the changes to the Derived Roles. The only thing left is the current phase of the Derived roles remain on the 'Define' roles phase, is there a way to make it be on "Complete" phase as the Master Role?

Regards

George

0 Kudos

Hi George

It goes to define phase for you to manage the phase for the role.

You could look at Mass Update of Roles and set the phase as Completed once you have made any changes you need to.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI George

Alessandro already mentioned the approach you took. However, have you looked at:

Note: 1805938 - Authorization data from Master Role is not getting copied for the derived roles.

(parameter 3027)

Note: 1865042 - Role Generation does not work for derived roles