Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tooltip for the header of the column in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

This is Fayaz Shaik

I am facing the problem with the tooltip let me explain with example

I have a table with 3 columns(Headers are Id ,Name,Address with tooltips Emp id,Emp name,Emp address respectively).

My problem is when i place cursor on column header it is showing "id Empid" , "name Emp name" , "address emp address"[Column header+Tooltip]

Instead of this i want to show only Emp id,Emp name,Emp address[Only tooltip not header].

Please suggest me how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Fayaz Shaik.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200477
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fayaz

The tooltip property can be set in 2 ways. One by directly mentioning what has to be displayed in the toolTip property or by setting the text to be displayed to a attribute and binding that attribute to the tooltip property. I think if you directly enter the text in this property it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Thanks for your reply

I directly provide the text in the tooltip property of the column When i keep cursor on header it is showing header + tooltip(ID Employee id)(Column header is "ID" and tooltip is "Employee id")

my requirement is need to only Employee id(when i keep cursor on the column (ID).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

See the Following SS.

For Project i have given Tooltip as KAPIL..

See the output.. Kapil Is coming as tooltip...

So give the Hard-coded Value if you want to show a fix value..

former_member200477
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fayaz

Then define an attribute of type string and set the attribute with Employee Id. Bind this attribute to the toolTip of that particular column.

Try doing this and see what is being displayed.

Regards

Navya