Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation of Proportional Factors without History

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario , where we need to generate proportional factors for some combinations. But we don't have history for those.

Is there any way to generate proportional factors without history ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Besides life-cycle planning (which should be a good option, but also depends on your business requirement), you can also consider data realignment to get historical data from other CVCs. (Refer to online help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/d2/2f9451701c0944a16220556251e341/content.htm?frameset...)

Basically you must have some 'Base' data for proportional calculation. The base data is not restricted as sales history, it could be any data in any key figure.

Best Regards,

Ada

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the suggestions.

Some of the experts have suggested over like profiling, however I have come up to this scenario of question while doing Promotional Planning for products. My business scenario suggest over generating Stat Forecast at an aggregated level, hence it is getting difficult for me to disaggregate the Stat at lower levels for which I need proportional baseline.

As per Sandeep's suggestion, I can generate Stat using Like profiling for promotional products( that are not having history) at an aggregated level as per my requirement. Disaggregating the values to lower level either would depend on proportional factor manually uploaded or realigned from some other CVC.

Constraints

1> Manually uploading values for proportion is impossible for my requirement ( due to huge number of CVCs which is around 30 lakhs)

2> Realigning data is not possible since other business activities would get hampered.

Please let me know if any Customizing is possible to store the Corrected History Data that is generated through like profiling or if there is any other way out considering the constraints mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Correct me if wrong.

using like profile you can get the historical data at your aggregated level.

basing on that historical data key figure, you can generate the proportional factor in transaction /sapapo/mc8v for proportional factor key figure, right?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo/helpdata/en/66/29fb672fbe11d398240000e8a49608/content.htm

thanks,

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

you can use a like profile for statistical forecast on aggregated level. Thats right. But the disaggregation of the statistical forcast is normally based on APODPANT. But the new product has no APODPANT because it has to be calculated on data for the new product. But there exists none. (Besides you do a realignment for sales order or cleaned history first). This leads to equal distribution of statistical forcast on detailled level. So for detailled level the like profile doesn't help.

Best regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

if you do not have history, you can copy the history from a similar product using Lifecycle planning.

And with the available history then you can generate proportional factors as mentioned by sourabh.

Regards,

Sandeep

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emani,

Generation of proportional factor is based on CVCs below are the prerequisites for generating proportional factors;

● You have created characteristic value combinations for the master planning object structure.

● The source of the proportional factors (planning area or InfoCube) should exist and contain the same characteristics and characteristic value combinations as the target planning area.

● There should be data for at least some characteristic value combinations in the source.

Proportional factors are one of the ways you can disaggregate data from an aggregate level to a detailed one. They are used in two calculation types:

● P - Based on another key figure

● I - Pro rata, except for the initial disaggregation, which is based on another key figure.

In both cases, you must enter APODPDANT as the disaggregation key figure in planning area maintenance. 

With this function, you can derive the proportional factors from historical data or, occasionally, from past planning data.

So with this you can generate proportional factors based on past planning data.

For more details of different ways of calculating proportional factor, please check below link;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/66/29fb672fbe11d398240000e8a49608/content.htm

hope this helps

Rgds

Sourabh