cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage bin SU1 802 does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im trying to run a scenario based on special movment ind. so i created one , assigned it to the material master, created a new movement type (901 new storage type (802) , assigned SMI to the table linking ref movement type to wm movment type ,  , assigned new storage to the new movment type in the source storage type field   .  I also created storage bins for this particular storage type. su1 is my warehouse .

do i need to copy an interim storage type for the new ST or will any Storage type suffice ?

also t-code ls10 never seems to work to create bins alaways need to create one manually.. what could be the issue ?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u didn't maintain earlier , u can crt interim type by using lx10 ... n i think , interim storage type creation is Warehouse number dependent not any ST ........

by using LS10  u can crt bins in bulk for any specific storage type along with mentioning the bin type . But to create bin in manually , ls01 is d best option ........

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

As per your comments, you are trying to run a scenario where based on the material you are picking should be always from 802 storage type and hence you have assigned it at the movement type level - source field.

Once you maintain a storage type at movement type level, system will consider this as an interim and you can see that in LX20. Check the message at LX20 for your warehouse. However there is not much difference for interim and regular storage type.

I have few questions here,

1. What is the exact requirement for this assignment at movement type level?

2. Did you maintain for dynamic/fixed bin?

3. What is the picking strategy defined for this storage type?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody ,

thanks for your comments. I did some testing and i realized that I had copied a non interim storage type to create my storage type whcih i assigned to movement type assigned to my special movment type ind. W

When i copied 902 ( Gr area for external receipts) , i was able to do MIGO . I suppose the system generated the bins automatically.

@ sumanth - At movement type level i have assigned interim storage type that is linked to the movement type which is linked to the SMI. Yes i maintained dynamic storage bins. Initially I was getting an error that storage type not suitable as interim storage type becuase there was a putaway stategy active for that storage type since i had copied a non interim storage . Even after removing any putaway strategy that got copied I was still getting an error. so i suppose there is a difference between interim storage and other storage types. : )

Im not looking at picking right now and it is not relevant for my scenario.

which begs the question : If special movment type can also steer materials to non-interim destination storage types , how will we execute such a scenario if the system is rejecting a non interim storage in the source storage type field at the movement type level ?

@Samir - Im not sure if the system means bin no 802 by the error although the wording does seem to suggest so. My understanding is that the system couldnt find a bin in whs su1, stype 802 .

thanks all once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

If you are trying to move stock into a storage type based on the movement type, the storage type should be declared at the destination and if possible use a fixed bin for your scenario. I am not sure how system would behave while creating a dynamic TO for non-interim storage types.

Below are few screenshots of a scenario:

Had since you want to use a SMI, you have to define a search strategy based on the regular indicator, reference movement type and SMI.

Regards,

Sumanth

0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

Looking at the error, it seems the system is looking for bin 802 in st.type SU1. Please confirm you have created bin 802 manually. If you have created some other bin in St.type SU1 then you need to investigate where system is picking bin 802 from.

If this doesnt help kindly give some more details of what you are doing. Screen shot of bin determination log during TO creation will help to get more idea.

regards,

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interim storage type comes at warehouse level not at storage type level, no need to create separate for your storage type.

In LS10 as arghya told we can create in bulk, once you maintain structure for your bins goto Environment and click on create bins then click on create online, then bins will be create accordingly, or you can create these bins in LS05 by giving warehouse number, st.type and sequence number, before this you have to maintain bin structure in LS10. If you want to create only one bin use LS01.