cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw Group Bar Chart in MII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is draw group bar chart based on the machine's downtime vs availabilty(PFA).

I need steps to be followed to achieve my requirement.

In the chart: the values to be mapped are

X axis- shiftid(per day 3 shifts)

y axis- Downtime in mins

Please help me regarding this.

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Looking at the screenshot shared by you, you need to use a stacked bar chart instead of a group bar chart in the iChart template.

Your xml structure should be as below and rest of the configurations you can do as per your requirement and as suggested by Rutika.

Shift IdDowntime 1Downtime 2Downtime n

Hope this helps!!

Thanks & Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

This is where stacked bar chart comes into picture in which you will be able to see one bar with different downtimes in different color for each machine id.

So in your case, you will have 3 bars for 3 machine ids and each bar will have 3 downtimes one above the other in different colors.

Regards,

Anuj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for ur support.

I got my actual output by using stacked bar chart.........

Regards,

Santhosh K

rutika_bodas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Santhosh,

You can do this using the existing 'iChart' applet in MII.

I hope you are aware of how to start creating a new 'iChart' type of file on the MII Workbench.

1. On the 'Chart Area' panel of the iChart, select the Chart type to be 'Group Bar Chart'
  2. Do the rest of configurations on this panel as needed
  3. On the 'Data Mapping' panel, load the query that returns the results that you want to plot on the chart
  4. In the 'Value' column, add the machine's downtime and in 'Label' column, add the shift id, basically the X-axis
  5. To configure the numerical range that you see on the y-Axis, use the panel 'Server Scaling' and specify the range that you expect the downtime to have and dont forget to check the 'Use Global Ranges' checkbox amd uncheck all others
  6. You can leave the server scaling to happen automatically also, if you do not have any specific Y axis range

This should plot the chart as expected.

Thanks,

Rutika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rutika,

Thanks for ur support.

I followed ur instructions and i got the output like:

In that how to change the color of bars.

Here: y-axis- downtime(each machine(8,9,27) have 3 downtime types, so 3 bars coming for each machine).

x-axis- machineid(8,9,27).

I want to show each downtime in diffirent color(per machineid).

please help me to change color.

Also is there any possibility to bring 3 downtimes in single bar with diffirent color?

Thanks & Regards,

Santhosh K