cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT: multisource universe with function module and BEx query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to create a new multisouce universe in Information Design Tool containing a function module from an R/3 system and a BEx query from a BW system.

So I created a relational connection pointing to R/3 and one OLAP connection pointing to a certain query.

Some questions here:

1. can I access a function module? I don't see it anywhere...
  2. When I create a new multisource data foundation I can't select the OLAP connection - it's not in the list although I exported it to our BO server.
  3. When creating a new system-DSN connection on my local workstation: is it necessary to also create this on the BO server?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Please go through below links for Relational connection creation on function module and BW cube respectively and create a multi source Data foundation to club data from these two sources.

ECC function modules

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27686
http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27725

BW Infocube/multiprovider

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/businessobjects-bi-for-sap/blog/2012/04/19/creating-a-unive...

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation for function modules, this is clear now.

ad BW: when I create a OLAP connection, export it to repository and make a shortcut then I can't select it when creating a new data foundation...? Any hints?

And: when creating a new system-DSN connection on my local workstation: is it necessary to also create this on the BO server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

OLAP connection on BW Bex query is only for webi reports/Dashboard query browser usage. you cannot create data foundation on top of it.

Try creating Relational Connection choosing SAP JCO driver and Multiprovider and then Multi source enabled DF on top of ECC and BW connection shortcuts.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means I can't create a multisource-universe containing a function module and a BEx query together?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes You cannot with Bex Query and function module together, as one would be OLAP connection and other would be Relational Connection and Multi source DF is supported on Relational connections only at the moment.

As an alternate, you can try creating Multisource DF with Relation Connection on Multiprovider and Relational Connection on Function Module.

Thanks

Mallik

former_member226980
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

I want the steps to create an universe on top of function module but the above links are not working .

Can you share any links that will be more helpful for me.

Thanks

Regards,

Sai

former_member226980
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mallikarjuna,

I want the steps to create an universe on top of function module but the above links are not working .

Can you share any links that will be more helpful for me.

Thanks

Regards,

Sai

Answers (0)