Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the File name at receiver side

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have a requirement where I need to pick the file according to its creation, I mean depending on its number like 01,02,03 like that.

I need to pick this from FTP server, so hoow can I achieve that?

THe second requirement is that the data will be transferred to PI using ABAP proxy and I need to create a file on FTP server will the naming convention as in_date so can I use the name as IN_ in the file name at receiver side and add time stamp?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have a requirement where I need to pick the file according to its creation, I mean depending on its number like 01,02,03 like that.

i think you are trying to pick files in sequence for sender channel. check below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/658129

I need to create a file on FTP server will the naming convention as in_date so can I use the name as IN_ in the file name at receiver side and add time stamp?

yes. you are correct. IN_ or in_ as you wish.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

thanks for the reply, I have some modifications to do in the receiver adapter, I need to create the fie as IN_Date_Sequence no. ie. 01 , 02 ,03 like that

Is it possible in PI?

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

It is very much possible. You can do this easily with the Dynamic configuration class in the mapping. populate the file name in the mapping with current date in the format you require and sequence number can be generated by a standard function module NUMBER_GET_NEXT on PI ABAP stack.

You need to make an RFC call before the UDF code and get the sequence number.

If you need further help with this. please do let me know.

Ambrish

PS: forgot to mention that the function module is not remotely enabled so just create a Z copy and make it remotely enabled. You can alternatively populate sequence number from ECC (ABAP proxy) and populate it in mapping to the file name. whatever is suitable.

Message was edited by: Ambrish Mishra

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can pick the files by (creation) date option.

When you add timestamp in the adapter, itsa date-timestamp and not just date. If you need IN_date (only), you need to do this with dynamic configuration class option in mapping. Code is available on SCN.

Ambrish

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

In NFS you have the flexibility to process files with order of 'By Name' / 'By Date'.

Processing Sequence (for transport protocol File System (NFS))

If you used placeholders when specifying the file name, define the processing sequence of the files:

○       By Name: Files are processed alphabetically by file name.

○       By Date: Files are processed according to their time stamp in the file system, starting with the oldest file.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

In reply to your 2nd question, you can easily this timestamp and naming convention requirement.

Regards,

Nabendu.