cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Translate Language of Standard Text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have to add Disclaimers for some JAPAN Document in 2 languages i.e. EN and JA in an Existing form. They have sent me Disclaimers in Both Languages. I have created one in English in SO10 named 'ZISC_COA_JAPN' ID 'ST' LAng 'EN'

Now How to create other in Japanese Lang.

i have tried log-in system in Japanese Lang and then went to SO10 and tried to Create text named 'ZISC_COA_JAPN' ID 'ST' LAng 'JA'

but it didn't woked as while copying the disclaimer in Japanese from excell sheet to SO10 it was showing ??????? instead of text. What is the problem? why its not copying. Pls reply Full Reward Points

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try using the SE63 transaction for translating the english text to the Japanese?

Former Member
0 Kudos

RaviKant, I am already having Disclaimer text in Japanese Language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi you no need to log on to JA language... instead you have to create another Standard text in SO10 with the same name but give the different language i.e JA.

goto SO10-->enter the text name ZISC_COA_JAPN, language = 'JA' then press create...now give the text in JAPAN translated one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naresh, I did what you have suggested. i.e. Log-on to system using JA(Japanese Lang) and created another Std text with Ja as language, But problem is that when I am copying Disclaimer text in Japanese from the Excell sheet provided by client to SO10 text Editor instead of 本検査成績書は(which is in Japanese) ??????? is getting pasted there.

What should i do?

Message was edited by:

Dheeraj Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deeraj,

the way you r trying is correct, but i don't know why it is behaving like this,

use this Standard text in your form and issue a print using the original output device instead of the Local output device. i hope it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyonr. FInally my problem is solved. I did following steps.

1. I Installed japanese Language in my system by gong to

Contol Panel-> regional lanuages (It asks for window CD, provide that)

2. then come to your SAP logon and go to Last tab on the Top " Customizing of Local layout", there go to options and then to I18N there check the "Activate Multi Byte Functionality button" and Restart SAP.

This will do.

Please provide points if this helps someone in future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can u please tell me where is the option Customizing of Local layout..is it in the logon pad or sapeasy access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its SAP Easy Access where you have to make changes...