SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation not poss.; Location of prof. vals of role and prof. different in EEDM04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am getting an message in the status bar stating "Allocation not poss.; Location of prof. vals of role and prof. different".

I have created a Profile in EEDM07 and now I am trying to assign an device and its register to the profile but I am getting this error.

Please help.

Regards,

Manoj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason why is because the location of the profile values on the profile header must match the allowable location on the profile role allocation.

So check the location of PV's on the profile header first.

Then check in the IMG under SAP Utilities > Energy Data Management > Profile Management > Profile Allocation > Define Roles for Profile Allocation.

This will tell you what location is allowable for that role. If they are different, you will either need to change the configuration or create a new profile header with the correct location.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason why is because the location of the profile values on the profile header must match the allowable location on the profile role allocation.

So check the location of PV's on the profile header first.

Then check in the IMG under SAP Utilities > Energy Data Management > Profile Management > Profile Allocation > Define Roles for Profile Allocation.

This will tell you what location is allowable for that role. If they are different, you will either need to change the configuration or create a new profile header with the correct location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manoj,

It seems that duing allocating profile to register you are using a rate type that has register permissibility. In  order to allocate a profile you need to have rate type that has interval meter permissibility. Also the applicable rate (through rate determination) should be of interval meter permissibility. But before you allocate a profile to a register install a device with  the rate type and rate fact group. This allow you to allocate roles to profiles to registers.

Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi Zane and Rahul,

I guess it was some config issue as zane mentioned and functional people resolved the issue.

Thanks for ur help.