cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view history of data after enableing the Change Tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have enabled the track changes using MDM Console. But now I unabled to view the last values of the fields which were updated. I also could not find any option in MDM Data Manager to view the last values of the fields. Please help me to view the track changes/history of data.

I appreciate your prompt response

Shahid Nadeem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to everybody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The steps are clearly detailed in a blog by

Change Tracking in MDM

Bala Subbaiah Gorla

Business Card

Company: Wipro Limited

Posted on Sep. 08, 2006 09:40 AM in Master Data Management (MDM)

You can look at the blog or I can email you the document .

Here are some of the tips from the blog

Hope this will solve your problem.

Change Tracking is a feature in SAP MDM, Using which we can track history of table records for the repositories. There are three are options, Track Adds, is track new field value when a record added. Track Modifies, track old and new values when the field is modified. Track Deletes, tacks old-field value when a record is deleted. In addition, for each type of change you can track, the setting of the root node of the Tables and Fields hierarchy determines the default setting for new tables added to the MDM repository. Similarly, for normal tables, the setting for each table node determines the default setting for new fields added to the table. Finally, the setting for each field node determines the actual setting for the field

Step I>>Activate Change Tracking.

Navigate the Selected repository,

(your repository)>Admin>Change Tracking.

Click on Change Tracking, you will get Change Tracking Setting screen. Then choose the level of tracking root node of Table and Fields. In addition, there are three type tracking. That are Track Adds>>this option tracks new field value when a record is added, Track Modifies >> this option tracks old and new values when the field is modified, and Track Deletes >> this option tracks old field value when a record is deleted

Step III>>Logon to MS SQL Server

Start>Programs>Microsofr SQL Server-->Enterprise Manager,See the screen shot below for SQL Server logon.

You will get the SQL Server Enterprise Manager. See the screen below. Select the Database for the respective Repository (BP3_Customer_Workshop). For the each repository, there are two databases XXXX_m000 and XXXX_z000.

There are two databases CustomerWorkshop_M000 and CustomerWorkshop_Z000

Select the table A2i_CM_History under the CustomerWorkshop_Z000 and select query as below screen.

Choose/select the fields that you want execute the report/show.

You can find the record, which I (the user name 'mdmg') have edited at 9/6/2006 11:44:39, as seen below screen

Thanks

Prashanta

PS : Pls reward helpful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadeem,

As of SAP MDM SP4, there are no in-built tools to view the chane tracking information. SAP is coming up with the change tracking tool in MDM SP5, which is available by end of MAY.

But there is an alternate way to look at the change tracking information in the underlying database.

Database name: <repository name>_z000

Table name : A2i_CM_History.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to access this table by running query in SQL .

- An