Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit memo issues

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

I have this case:

Sales order with a promotional discount of 30% on material A

After invoicing the customer, I realize that the correct discount in 35%, so I need to issue a credit memo to the customers.

Promotional discounts are manual conditions in sales order.

How can set up credito notes in order to have the amount calculated automatically ? I mean: I would like to issue the credit note with reference to the invoice, I would also like to type the new discount % (35%) and I would like SAP calculate the credit memo amount automatically.

How can i do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

silvana,

The particular issue that you are currently facing - i.e. you have given 30% discount, but you should have given 35% discount.

Thus not you want to give the customer "the extra 5% discount too"!

For this particular case creating a new pricing procedure, assigning this procedure to existing credit memo request (or creating new credit memo request document type) etc. is too much EXTRA work.

In my opinion to address this one time issue, all these configuration steps are not advisable!

Probably the client would not agree also!

Simple solution would be to create a credit memo request, with reference to the billing document.

In the CR memo, manually remove PR00 and give the amount (which is the 5% discount) in  your manual discount condition type.

Create credit memo.

Solved!

In Order reason or PO number field you can give some "comments" (for future reference).

Also the CM request, CM shall be visible in your document flow.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

@ reply actually addressed to Silvana but wrongly given TW sorry for that

There is no standard document available for this you need to Google it

Step 1: check copy control between VTAF between created credit memo request and Billing document

if it’s already  maintained then no issue, otherwise copy standard one like below mentioned screen shot.

Step 2: go to V/08 check your pricing procedure copy and rename it

Make sure that PR00 Condition as statistical and discount condition as non statistical

Like I mentioned earlier

Step 3: configure your new pricing procedure in OVKK

Step 4: Create “Credit memo request” with reference to already created “Billing document”

Enter organisational details and click on “create with reference” button enter “Billing document” number click on “copy” button

Go to “Item” level check “condition” tab click on update button by choosing “Carry out new pricing”

Then enter new discount (35-30=5) 5% .

Enter “Order Reason” and Remove Credit block at item level and check the net value then save it.

Step 5: Create credit memo for Credit memo request

It will Post automatically the same discount amount in to Accounting

Hope now it's clarified about the complete process.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW

Is it proper to delete the mandatory  pricing condition in Billing ?

with out price condition can we able to generate accounting document

as per my knowledge it will through error message "Mandatory pricing is missing"and more over we can't create accounting document.

Kindly check one more time and update your feedback.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KRISHNA, silvana,

There is no need to create a new pricing procedure and do the determination of it (OVKK).

Krishna's document is clear. Let me take its help to explain the solution -

Start from step 4 - Create credit memo request

In the cm request, give the 5% discount.

(If price is mandatory the give price and then enter a value of discount, so that 5% discount is the net value of the credit memo request)

follow the rest of the steps.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KRISHNA, silvana,

Create a credit memo request with reference to the billing document. Then in the credit memo request, for condition type PR00 give manually the value which equals to 5%.

Remove all the other values of the various condition records types, in the cm request, tab Conditions.

This shall mean that money (of value of 5%, what ever the absolute value is) is to be given to the customer.

Note: PR00 condition type has value C (Manual entry has priority)

Message was edited by: T W - added in blue color

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

you mean to say PR00 manually to changed with example amount of 50Rs/-value in credit memo request what ever 5% discount value of billing document

(example: Billing document net value 1000,discount 5%=50 Rs/-)

But for PR00  we will use A/C key-ERL-sales revenue for discounts -ERS -sales deductions

how do we proceed with account settlement.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KRISHNA,

Thank you for your post!

Very correctly pointed out that we have to look into account determination (G/L account postings).

These account determination (the setup and requirement) details we don't have.

If discount value is needed (with account key ERS), then -

In cm request -

PR00 = 1000

ZDIS = 1000+50 = 1050 (with account key ERS)

Order reason can be given.

Side comment: This was my suggestion, in one of my earlier posts.

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

I have complex pricing procedures.. For example: PR00 = 1000, discount 1 10%, discount 2 30 % (calculated on 1000-10%) , discount 3 3%, and so on .. So my users can't calculated manually the value for the difference as you suggested ....

So I can i do? I can't use retroactive billing because not all discounts are stored with vk12...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create credit memo request with reference to billing document(make sure copy control available F2-CR)

before that create new pricing procedure  in that make Z-pricing condition(ex:Z PR00) as statistical condition and discount condition as non statistical and update price with condition tab.

same discount you can bill it through credit memo and post it to FI

If you need further assistance please revert.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks
Krishna for your answer. Could you give me more detailed instructins update
creating Z-princing condizion as statistical conditions (eg. print
screen) Thanks a lot

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

make changes in your new pricing procedure then create credit memo request with reference to Billing document.

if you need further assistance please revert.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Krishna., Could you kindly give me a link or a path to a document related to customizing CREDIT NOTES (i mean from the start to the end ?). Thanks, so I will close the message .

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sri_ram18
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Silvana,

I believe and assume that the payment has not yet been processed.

Please raise an Invoice Correction Request(RK) for the needful..

To know more about Invoice Correction go through the link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/55fede545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Sriram.