cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Agent: Show connection data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how can I show connection data in Diagnostic Agent DAA?

I want to know which solution manager, which connectiontype and which user/password were given at installation.

Where can I get this information?

Regards

Julia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

All this information is available in agent admin page, which you can access with the below URL:

http://solmanhost:8000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~smd~server~agent~admin/SMDAgentAdminApplicati...

Now if you will go to "Agent Credentials" tab, you will get information about the user used to connect to solman.

If you will go to "agent connectivity", you will get the the information on how the agent were registered.

Regards,

Divyanshu

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divyanshu Srivastava wrote:

http://solmanhost:8000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~smd~server~agent~admin/SMDAgentAdminApplicati...

That port is specifically tied to the Instance numbers they pick during the installation of SolMan, it should be 80<nn> in your URL.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for correcting.... missed it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

is there any possibility to see that in the diagnostic agent itself?

If a Diagnostic Agent is not correct connected to solman I will not find it in solman configuration.

Regards

Julia

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

If your agent was registered and somehow is shutdown, you can see that in the first page of Agent Admin itself. This page it self is SAP Management console for registered agents. However, if its not connected/registered, then you might have to look for logs in it's directory on the managed system.

Or, better would be that you redirect your agent to your solution manager system again using the below command found in script folder of agent directory.

• Connection by Message Server:

./smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://<fqdn>" port:"<J2EE MS HTTP Port>"  optional user:"<...>" pwd:"<...>"

• Connection by P4 port:

./smdsetup managingconf hostname:"<fqdn>" port:"<p4 port>" user:"<value>" pwd:"<value>"

Regards,

Divyanshu

And yes, i just missed, you can see where the agent agent is registered at few places in agent directory like SMDSystem.X.log file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

I had a look into SAPMMC for the agent via http://hostname:59713, but there I couldn't get any information about to which system agent is connecting.

I found some files in :\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\SMDAgent\configuration like runtime.properties, where I can see hostname of solution manager and IP address of SLD or like secstore.properties with encrypted username and password.

I can reset information via smdsetup managingconf - but there is no option for smdsetup to show actual credentials. So I can't check which user was taken for the connection to a solution manager.

In /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/log/SMDSystem.0.log I only see the solution manager, no username.

Regards,

Julia

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

I did not mean that you should go to SAP MMC. What i meant was that the agent admin URL is the MC for agents .

And the user should be SMD_ADMIN.

Regrads,

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

I did not mean to say that you have to check in SAP MMC. Agent admin URl itself is the MC for connected agents on solman.

BTW, user should be SMD_ADMIN or the one you created during basis setup of solman.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

I think someone didn't take this user smd_admin which normally should be used and I try to find out which user was taken.

So I'm searching for a possibility to show which user and which solution manager was used respectevly is in use.

Regards,

Julia

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

You can check what user other systems have used to connect in agent admin in agent credentials.

Use that user for this managed system.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

do you know any possibility to show the actual and current user in diagnostic agent itself, which is used for the connection?

Regards,

Julia

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Goto agent secstore.properties to find our user information.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

as I already posted this data is encrypted so I can't see used user.

Regards,

Julia

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Try this command "smdsetup supportlogs", you will get all information related to agent setup.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

that's it 🙂

Thank you!

Regards,

Julia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Please reward points for helpful and correct answer, if there are any , at the end of your discussion.

Regards,

Divyanshu

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to view majority of this info at the SMD Agent Administration page.  You just need to check the SolMan in question.

Once you are logged in under the "Agent Connectivity" tab you can see how they are connected.

For the "Agent Credentials" tab you should be able to push out the username/password you want, for basic authentication.  They even have a link to retrieve the one you used during solman_setup.

Or setup certificates and send them out to the agents for authentication purposes.