Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WPB and SLD (Solution Manager 7.1)

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have SAP WPB and SAP solution Manager 7.1 SP08, we want to know if it is possible to connect SAP WPB to SLD in order to configure maintenance optimizer, earlywatch, E2E

I haven't found such information about this configuration, please can you tell me the sap note or guide where tells how to connect SAP WPB to the

SLD, earlywatch, maintenance optimizer,E2E. Can we use wily introscope in order to monitor it?

Regards

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tejpal628
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

Have you connected sap WPB to SLD, i have the same request , not sure how to proceed.

Can you help me if you have connected it successfully.

Thanks & Regards,

Tejas

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Well I just could connect Tomcat of WPB to SLD

In that year 2013 I wrote a OSS message to SAP and they answered:

"as you know the product WPB is the former datango product and new in theSAP product world. We started to integrate our product in the Solution

Manager Landscape but need some further invesigations. We plan to have

a documentation and a webinar next year.

Let me send you at first the How-To Integrate WPB Manager into

System Landscape Directory (SLD) documentation (1851762 - SAP Solution Manager and WPB Manager Synchronization). That shall help you

already"

I didn't continue this configuration because I only wanted to generate EarlyWatch, but there is no EWA configuration to this type of system.

I hope this information helps you.

Regards

Andy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible to install the SMD agent to the WPB server and you would be able to collect some E2E (I would think) along with Technical monitoring at the host level.  This may also provide certain statistics within Wily (I don't recall if WPB is in the default set of jar files).

I also assume that you have no SID to associate to the WPB, along with a lack of SLD support?

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy

I think as you, but I didnt' find any sap note or configuration guide, If you can share some documentation I will appreciate you a lotttttttttttt.

Thanks

Andy

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unsure which documentation you are looking for, so lets start with this:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Installation+of+SMD+Agent

That guide uses the SMD agent from the SolMan installation media; I recommend going to the service market and getting the 7.3 SP03 version specifically, I'm not 100% sure what version comes with the SolMan media.

Do you have more than 1 WPB system to manage?  I know how to make the other SMD installs quicker, after you install it on at least 1 of them.