Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI - IDOC to SOAP - Content XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to create a scenario IDOC to SOAP but i get the following error:

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: java.lang.NullPointerException

SOAP: error occured: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: java.lang.NullPointerException

The Target has a parameter where it his content is a string with format XML. Have I encode this content to base64?

Thanks,

SFM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

Datas:

- SAP PI 7.3

- Scenario asynchornous

- Example of target and Call

i_parameter = "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><document>1234</document>"

- Errors Text in Message Log Tab.

1.- SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: java.lang.NullPointerException

2.- MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: java.lang.NullPointerException

3.- SOAP: error occured: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: java.lang.NullPointerException

4.- Exception caught by adapter framework: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: java.lang.NullPointerException

5.- Delivery of the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: java.lang.NullPointerException

Thanks and Regards,

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDocs run asynchronously.

Are you handling the SOAP response ?

from the error, it seems like you are not....

You can go through the link below:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/03/07/unleash-synchronous-scenarios

or another option is

• create a dummy file receiver and the target message would be a dummy message type with just one field. Map the SOAP response to this message and do an NFS and dump the file on the application server in append mode. If the frequency of Interface is high, create files.

Ignore this file.To add value, Put the unique identifier received from SOAP response message           into the only field existing in this file

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying Idoc to SOAP synchronous scenario ? If yes please note ,Idoc adapter will not support synchronous messages scenarios . Can explain your scenario bit more ?

Regards

Hari.

former_member189440
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is Clearly mentioning the Null pointe exception means you are parsing null value for the receivng field which i think is a mandatory field, Please check the mapping once.

Thanks & Regards

Arun

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few tips... Are you expecting response from soap?  The error message shows null pointer exception. Please make sure you send data for the mandatory field ...  Also check the same data using soapUI outside PI and see what do you miss or different in your mapping in terms of mapping for the required occurence node or mandatory fields.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Explain your scenario and at which step you are getting the error.