cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements Transfer and Availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam bit not clear on relation between transfer of requirments and availability check.  I wanted to see in sandbox but regret that it is not working !

1) At schedule line category  level, If I just check the "requirements" and do not check "availability check ", Does that mean if the Sales order is created for qty of  10 pcs, the system will reflect 10 pcs in MD04 as requirments   and the system will not do any availability check ? . Iam not so conversant with MD04 and it's relation with requirements transfer.

2) Alternatively If I do not check  "requirements" in schedule line category  and  check  " availability". How will the system behave and how will system populate entries in MD04 if we have a sales order of 10 pcs created in system ?

3) what if I check both requirements and availability check ? How  requirements t/f to MD04 gets effected ?

Is there any impact on MRP run/net requirements calculation in each of the three scenarios above ?

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Request you to kindly search the internet & SCN forum for information on this topics:

When I searched on google, I found the following:

http://www.google.co.in/?gws_rd=cr#q=Transfer+of+Requirements+and+Availability+Check&spell=1&sa=X&ei...

http://www.google.co.in/search?q=Transfer+of+Requirements+and+Availability+Check+site:scn.sap.com&bi...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

Its very simple:

Avail. Chk - To check the status of the stock position for your material.

Depending on the Scope Check maintianed in the availability settings (OVZ9 t-code).Meaning, based on the factors that you would like to check for the availability of the material and it will not impact the stock position - It will just give you INFORMATION on the stock.

TOR: Whereas TOR would help in integrating with other Modules. It share the information that there is a requirement and hence please make sure you (MM/PP) arrange for the same. MEaning it will have impact on the process, like procurement / Production activities can beinitiated based on the sales order requirements.

Please let me know for any further calrification - would definitely help you.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ATP check, that mean how to check on-hand stock, you can define which kind of stock belong to valid stock.

TOR: requirement generated from SD module, how to transfer to MM and PP module (that mean transfer to MRP), you can difne transfer rule.

Below picture show all kindl of configuration and their result for your reference.

BR

Jian