cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggestion for PPDS run & procurement type X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if SAP APO PPDS can accomplish the following and how it would be set up?

During PPDS execution

1. First create Purchase requisitions to subcontracting vendor until monthly quantity has been acheived. (i.e. they can only provide a specific quantity of product each month).
2. any remaining requirements covered by in-house planned orders.

The PPDS horizon spans multiple months, so it would need to repeat the process for each month (purchase to max quantity, then create planned orders)

Thanks,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Robert,

In ECC quota arrangement you cam maintain specific quantity based quota. So  whatever quantity is more than that it'll assign to another source of supply, after MRP run.

There you can try by maintain sub contracting is first source of supply with quantity limit and procurement as the second source of supply.

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Debashis, however we plan these codes in SAP APO system and MRP is not executed on the Finished Products. We use PPDS heuristic to generate the purchase requisitions to the Vendor location in APO. Do you know a similar way to make quotas quantity based in APO? I have only seen percentage basis.

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Robert,

In APO also there is a scope to assign splitting on quantity based.

Go through the link, it may help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/5f/9e753913917c32e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can achieve the same by maintaining Quota arrangements (incoming), which finds the different sources of supply (including your vendor/plants).

go through the below documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/EN/45/417239b2b1ea20e10000000a114084/content.htm

regards,

Sandeep Kumar. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in some cases we do use Quotas.. but when we have very specific quantities that need to be planned to within a specific time frame the quota doesn't really work - especially when demand is not constant. I am looking a method to plan subcon procurement for a SKU for a very specific quantity within a specific time period (cal month), then any remaining requirements in that month get planned with in-house mfg. Is there any way to have lot sizes specific to the source? i.e. plan in monthly lots... max lot for Source A = xxx and no max lot size for source B?