Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best side option for Joins in IDT

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I'm trying to find the Best Side option for Joins in IDT like what we had in Designer and that would join the tables in a cleaner way. I didn't find it yet.

Screen shot of the option in Universe Designer is attached.

Please help.

Thanks

Mahboob Mohammed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everyone,

There is no need for this option in the IDT as this happens automatically. Although there was a bug that, when we're viewing the Zoom less that 100%, the joins tend to go over the table etc. But when we zoom in at 100%, it looks fine. I don't know if this was fixed, but I'm not concerned about it anymore.

Thanks,
Mahboob Mohammed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmood,

I think the exact same option is not available in IDT, but if you are looking for arranging tables so that join shows outer on best side, you can always use Auto Arrange tables option in data foundation.

Thanks

Mallik

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mallik.

I already have the tables Auto Arranged, but this Best Side problem still exists.  I'll add this to the idea place to add that feature to IDT as well.

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please update the idea place link here, so that others who are looking for same can promote.

Did you try using parameter EXT_JOIN_INVERT within in Data foundation properties to see if that makes any difference in your case.

Thanks

Mallik

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

Where do I find this EXT_JOIN_INVERT? I looked at many places in Data Foundation, but I couldn't find it.  A screenshot will be of great help.

This is the link on Idea Place

Best Side option in Information Design Tool (IDT)

Looks like, I've to delete my idea as there is already one whose status is Accepted.

Fix graphical rendering of join lines in IDT

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmood,

Try adding the EXT_JOIN_INVERT explicitly and set to "Yes" and see if it helps.

Thanks

Mallik

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mallik

Looks like EXT_JOIN_INVERT didn't help.  May be, I'll just have to wait for that feature to be added.

Mahboob Mohammed