Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Structure special character.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a custom IDOC and when i try to import the IDOC from ECC to PI its showing few speical characters:

Actual structure in ECC looks like this:

When I download in PI, it looks like this

Here the slashes (/) are replaced as _- for the segment name and its segment fields.

Could you please let me know how can I resolve this issue.

Thanks,

--Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

You mentioned it is a custom IDoc. Is the IDoc created by your ABAP team or a custom package installed for a new functionality ?

For which T code have you attached the screenshot ? we30 ?

Ambrish

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

the snap shot is from WE30 tcode.

the problem is here when I see the idoc in ECC its showing with Slash (/) (/BEV1/NEEMARA) but when i import the same in PI its showing as (_-BEV1_-NEEMARA).

While pusing IDOC will there be any impact, please suggest.

Thanks,

--Kishore

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Your missed answering to my question:

Is the IDoc created by your ABAP team or a custom package installed for a new functionality ?

>>>>>>While pusing IDOC will there be any impact, please suggest.

IMO, it should not have an impact if the IDoc metadata is imported and activated successfully.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

/BEV1/ is a namespace in ABAP. For some reason I don't know the PI import of Idocs replaces these delimiters / by _.

This is normal an will not cause problems. I have already build such interfaces without problems. Just use the created types as they are generated.

/Michael

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I never worked on this type of IDoc message,if special charaters are causing a problem in PI then you can build one custome IDoc with required fields and use same IDoc background program logic in custome IDoc.

ABAPer can finish this work in one day effort.

Thank you