Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have PCW activated in SRM system,

1. PR is created in ECC system

2. PR is transferred to SRM via PI

3. SC is created with agents determination successfully in SRM

4. The status of the SC appears to be awaiting approval

Issue: No workflow is triggered( workitem is created) though the status is showing awaiting approval.

Observation: During my debug analysed that order method is not triggered. Please let me know the solution

Regards,

Krsna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You need to do custom development to achieve this.

Check the link Trigger workflow for external SC for complete solution.

Thanks,

Anubhav

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi together,

Anubhav is right - you need a customer development. But think twice before you decide to change the standard.

Provided link is not an official solution - but a shared experience.

So, no support from SAP in case of errors.

I would not recomment use this solution without concidering following points:

1. You are not allowed to change SC created from purchase requisition. No completion workflow.

2. Changes of purchase requisition are also sent to SRM and SC updated according to changes. What should happens with Workflow? Restarted?

3. What happens if approver rejects shopping cart (at least 1 item)? It goes to creator, i.e. technical PI user. You are not able to login with system user to accept the changes.

4. If SC rejection is accepted - how the purchase requisition to be updated? Which status to be set and how?

Best Regards

Konstantin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Konstantin is right. The points mentioned by him should be taken care.

1. You are not allowed to change SC created from purchase requisition. No completion workflow. - Yes correct

2. Changes of purchase requisition are also sent to SRM and SC updated according to changes. What should happens with Workflow? Restarted? - Yes the WF will restart.

3. What happens if approver rejects shopping cart (at least 1 item)? It goes to creator, i.e. technical PI user. You are not able to login with system user to accept the changes.

You need to develop a custom report that checks the SC created by RFC user and accept the rejection using FMs related to WF and schedule it as background job.

4. If SC rejection is accepted - how the purchase requisition to be updated? Which status to be set and how? - You can set the status of PR item to deleted in DOC_SAVE BADI using BAPI_RQUISITION_CHANGE checking the status of SC and type as 'ER'

So basically if you want to use approval for PRs in SRM a lot of development is required apart from the things mentioned in the document but it is possible.

Thanks,

Anubhav

krishna_k17
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for all your responses.

We have applied the same as mentioned in the document, it is working perfectly for us if there is no PI in the middle of ECC and SRM. But when we tried to have PI but it is not working ( ie workflow is not triggered). May I know additional steps required to do this.

Thanks in Advance,

Krishna

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

should work the same way. Only difference: you probably have 2 different technical users for PI and direct correction. Kindly check them.

Best Regards

Konstantin

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

no workflow should be triggered for external requirement.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm702/helpdata/EN/45/e6d885db114ebbe10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Sourcing is carried out for the external requirements. Depending on your settings in Customizing, SAP SRM either generates purchase orders immediately or transfers the items to the purchaser's sourcing application.

Best Regards

Konstantin

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

please check also Note 1664598 - Wrong process type for SC created from a PR

We solved some problems with that.

Best Regards

Konstantin