Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Bandwidth for SAPGUI

sergiordz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I´ve read in documents that the standard bandwidth for SAP GUI is 56Kb per user , but talking to other people that are currently using SAP I can see that much of them are not using 56Kb but less,  for example 16Kb.

I want to ask you guys in forum , what are your experiences about the required bandwidth for SAP GUI?

We are going to use ECC, CRM, SRM, BW, BI.

Thank you

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sergio,

Refer to Front-End Network Requirements for SAP Business Solutions .

Best regards,

Adam

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

The SAP benchmark for 56 Kb per user is very idealistic. In Practical, bandwidth requirement should consider the traffic on the internet link ( including email, SAP data packets, browsing data , downloads etc ). You may need to evaluate the internet usage in each of these areas and then fine tune the network bandwidth.

For eg: Accesssing a CRM or SRM portal over internet will consume more bandwidth as compared to running SAP Easy access screen .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your users enjoy having history for items they have entered previously, I can tell you not to disable that with the low bandwidth setting.

I have also seen some of what financial folks have to go through, and I empathize with how upset the get with all the various numbers they have to track through various transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergoi,

Please find below some of the note that would help you come to a decision.

I think you need to find some of the answers.

1 How many user would be using that connection.

2 What all functionality would be user.

3 What's the max no of bites to be transferred.

4 Whats the agreed response time .

Please user below note to do some calculation.

Note 578118 - Long response times on the SAP GUI

This note would help you to create measurement document.

Note 367217 - Alternative front ends for measurement document creation

As per the note this tell you about the various release and the average no of kilo bytes transferred as per release.

Note 62418 - Network Load of SAPGUI Frontend Communication

To calculate the required bandwidth for frontend communication, see the document "Frontend Network Requirements for mySAP Business Solutions" at http://Service.sap.com/sizing -> Sizing Guidelines -> Solutions & Platform

This note includes frontend network load information as of SAP R/3 2.0. The table below contains the average number of kilo bytes per dialog step for the standard application benchmarks SD, FI and MM.

Release (R/3 / ECC)      2.0   3.0   4.0   4.5   4.6  4.7  5.0  6.0

kByte per dialog step    1.2   1.4   1.4   1.4   2.6  4.3  4.6  4.6

Some explanation of the figures:

- The increase from 4.5 to 4.6 stems from the new frontend architecture with ActiveX, table controls, etc.

- The increase from 4.6 to 4.7 is occasioned by a change in the MM Standard Application Benchmark business process, so that 4.6 and 4.7 cannot really be compared. The new MM Benchmark is called MMN.

We strongly recommend to measure the network load of critical business processes. For more information on how to calculate the required network bandwidth see the above mentioned document.

Please use this note to check Network Diagnosis.

Note 500235 - Network Diagnosis with NIPING

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol