SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Committment Item not derived automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We created a Plant Maintainence Order, the Funds centre got derived automatically from cost centre maintained in equipment master.

But the committment item (CI) is not getting derived automatically.. we need to insert it manually...

In FMDERIVE we have maintained the derivation rule to find the - CI from GL and CI from cost element also.

we have also maintained the function module "Read Plant Maintenance to FM Assignment from FMZUOB" in FMDERIVE.

Can you kindly assist why CI is not getting derived automatically?

Many thanks

Sanjay

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you face a problem like this, the first step to analyse it would be setting a trace in FMDERIVE and trying to replicate the relevant action ( creation of Order in your case). You will be able to see if your rules work correctly or not.

So, please, do this and tell the results.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

I already used the TRACE function,

In the TRACE result - the CI is getting derived based on the GL maintained and the FC was anyway getting derived based on CC. I can see both in the trace output.

But somehow the CI is  not landing up in the PM Order.

Will you be able to pl assist - what could have gone wrong?

Thank you again

Sanjay

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But, when you create PM order, the rule of CI derived from G/L should be sleeping, isn't it? G/L is not defined on PM order creation or am I missing something?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no place to enter a GL account in a PM order. What transaction were you running when the trace was on? Was it IW31?

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

If CI does not getting derived, how will it do budget check – shouldn't it be combi of FC and CI?

We would like the budget check at time when PM order is created.

If we have to make the derivation rule sleep for this PM order creation txn, what should we set?

Many thanks

Sanjay

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot say that CI could not be derived. I'm saying that your derivation rules are not sufficient for this. In any case, when PM order is created the budget is not checked, as there is nothing to check: it's a master data. You simply assign FM address to this object, so that postings on it would consume the budget on this address.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Eli,

Yes i agree, we need to pull FM data when the PM order is created for budget to be blocked at next stage when it moves to trigger PR.

Can you pl advice what's insufficient in the derivation rule.

We have maintained CI against GL and also

we have maintained the function module "Read Plant Maintenance to FM Assignment from FMZUOB" in FMDERIVE.

What are we missing? Can you kindly advice

Rgds,

Sanjay

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have a rule, which derives CI from G/L. But, when you create PM order, G/L is not known; thus, this particular rule is irrelevant. When you put a trace on FMDERIVE, while creating PM order, it should be visible. Therefore, you have to think of some other logic of assigning commitment item, already at the stage of PM order creation, if it is at all possible.